Uwharrie Feb 23rd 2013 workday.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
THIS HAS BEEN PUT OFF TILL MARCH 2ND

Here is the latest and greatest from the USFS.

Hi Everyone - The next work weekend is February 23rd. Meet at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9am and be ready to install guardrail at the Lower Ledge and at the top of Kodak Rock. We have made a lot of progress on January 26th & last weekend on Feb 9th CROC, ONSC & CTB had folks that were able to come up. If any club has a tractor or a skid steer with an auger that could make it to Kodak Rock either by coming from the bottom of Kodak Rock or by coming in from Rocky Mountain Loop from the Sawmill Trail end please email me and let me know. If you’re not sure if you know which way I’m asking you to come in to find out if your equipment into the site please call me & we can talk about to make sure you know which way I’m trying to get you to the site.

If you have trailers that can go on the trails loaded with guardrail (12.5 and 25 ft long) and with posts (6 ft long) or trucks that could haul these then please let me know that and bring them. Also, be prepared to haul in the guardrail & posts and have chains, D rings etc. so that you’d be able to drag these into the sites. Bring shovels, sledge hammers, work gloves, rock bars, lunch & water, etc. Pete Powell & Drew Brown will be working with you and we’ll probably work until 2 or 3 pm.

Please let me know if you’re club will be there and let me know how many folks will be coming from your club. Thank you very much. We appreciate your help very much. Bye - Terry

I hope just like the one in January that alot of folks can make it.

Last edited:
I will be in the double parking lot with spagetti this time. I am cooking 7 gallons of sauce so i will not run out this time!!!

I'm in.

I'm in, so ready for that spaghetti snappy is making.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

I am also looking forward to the grub. Makes it worth it to come out.

Well since i havent been able to make one since beginning of last year, I might be able to get to this one but i dont know about eating Snappys food LOL!!

Bringing a couple of easy ups this time. Looks like it might be rainy. Bring your drinks, and chairs. This time i will place a donation cup and any money over what food cost are will go to the equipment refurb fund....
Doing spagheti.

Hoping to be there with 2, possibly 3 others. Weather is calling for some rain Saturday morning. Everything still on?

any news just yet?

I was told just a while ago it was moved to next weekend due to weather.

Why cause of weather last work day it was ice every where and then it melted making it just as slick.

Why cause of weather last work day it was ice every where and then it melted making it just as slick.

Because its actually gonna be raining this time.

So is this officially postponed till next week? I am ready to get out there for my 1st ever workday, but I don't want to be the only one there looking like a fool.

I was told just a while ago it was moved to next weekend due to weather.

May i ask who you got this from please ? My last chat with Terry did not say that yesterday evening, but am going to call her this morning to confirn either way if we are a go / nogo.

She did send out a email asking if clubs would be able to make it next weekend ?

That's what I was told by 2 friends I was planning on going with, Tina and Matt Wishon. This is not official, so please do confirm what you find out.

Roger. Will call / post in about 10 minutes when they get to work. I have not loaded anything yet either waiting on the weather decision.

Im out guys, might be at the hospital for the wifes grandma anyways but looks like you guys are gonna be sliding all the way down Kodak......

Just called and talked to Mellissa and she " thinks " that Terry has changed it to Mar 2nd, but I asked her to have Terry give me a call once she comes to the office.

Back