Uwharrie Feb 23rd 2013 workday.

Final word was just put out by Terry.

We will be doing the very same thing that weekend.

I might be able to make it if I get outa work.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone – I appreciate you all getting back to me. I meant to send this message out last night and didn’t get to it. We’re going to cancel this Saturday’s work weekend and reschedule it for next Saturday, March 2nd due to the bad weather. It’s supposed to get close to freezing or go below freezing tonight here and it’s very wet out there already. Please let your members know of this change. I won’t be there next week it’ll be Drew Brown & Pete Powell still because I will be doing a presentation at Morrow Mt. State Park.

The game plan will still be the installation of guardrail on Rocky Mt. Loop Trail at Kodak Rock going in through Wolf Den TH. We have the hand augers lined up but if any of the clubs will be there can bring their tractor with an auger or a pull behind auger that can make it to the top of Kodak Rock via Wolf Den to Sawmill to RML and you’ll be there and can bring the equipment please let me know. Also, if you have a trail trailer or a truck and can switch to this day and bring it that would be great for hauling the posts & tools into the site. Please let me know that too.

Please bring lunch, water, work gloves, work boots and appropriate clothes. Tools that will be handy for this work are shovels, rock bars, sledge hammers, socket sets, chains, D rings, cable with cable clamps to haul the guardrail into the work site.

Meet Pete & Drew at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp next Saturday, March 2nd at 9 am. Then you’ll head to the shooting range to get the guardrail & posts & head into the site. Please let me know if you and your club will be able to make this switch – if you haven’t let me know that already. Thank you all again. Bye - Terry

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)
District Recreation Staff Supervisor
National Forests in North Carolina
Uwharrie National Forest
789 NC Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371-9332
Phone #: 910-576-6391 x 102 Fax #: 910-576-4171
Cell #: 910-975-0274
Email:tsavery@fs.fed.us

Guys I will not be able to be there. They moved our basketball tourney to this Saturday and the kids need me this week. Sorry to disappoint and I hope everyone can understand....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jason, sorry i had to roll at lunch time but had a Tread class to give today. Hopefully you all got some good stuff done this afternoon.

Darren, we got a whole lot done, by that I mean all of the gaurdrail we had, I couldnt believe we got that much done. Everyone was highly motivated and with a good sized crowd( around 30 0r so) we really did well. To everyone that came out today THANKYOU!!! Dont forget about the 16th and 17th workdays!!

I had a great time and met a lot of new people yesterday. I forgot to take pictures of the rails installed. A couple of guys had some nice trailers which made it easy to get the posts in and some of us dragged the rails in.

Getting ready to drag the rails in.
IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

Last edited:
I dont remember the name of the fella that made the steel boomerang looking device to drag with, but that was an excellent idea, think he said hes gonna make a few more and let the forest service keep them, they will last a long time and are very easy to use.

Back