Uwharrie tomorrow morning. 6/23/2013

toxic-xj

We will be at the outpost tomorrow morning at 9AM if anyone shows up - black 2door xj and on CB channel 19

Im planning on some trails and if it gets hot maybe some swimming.. Pack a lunch.

holler for
Frank
or
toxic xj

im gonna try n get out to ure tomorrow but not 100% sure yet, but if ya c a tan xj with roof rack thats me. dont have a cb mounted/wired yet though.

Well a few of us met up. We had fun on the trail and hit the first mud hole and it also was fun. Then I come up to the second one and it started out well but then I found a hole..
awww.cherokeeforum.com_images_smilies_frown.gif
As the kids were swimming out the windows and the jeep was sinking I was smiling even though it wasn't the swimming we wanted to do we did get wet..

Well the other drivers helped out alot but couldn't get it started and had to get a wrecker.. YUP $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a tow on a Sunday. So I get home and see the snorkel filled up with water and flooded the motor along with everything else... Even the cell phones and everything in the jeep got fried.... Big teardown coming YUP more $$$$$$$$$$$$ ........ Photos to follow shortly but for now I'm covered in mud and off to the shower..... Im sure the other guys have photos also.. BooHoo..

Ahhh. The soup bowl kills another. I did the exact same thing years ago. Had to learn the hard way myself.

That hole has swallowed lots of rigs, I never go in any mud holes these days.

At first the starter was locked up. so I pulled it off in the gravel drained the water and taped on it while another guy bumped it and we got it working.. Then I pulled off the position sensor and cleaned it. then drained all the water from every plug it turns over but no fire to the wires.. the wipers don't shut off the fuel tank now reads full but was on half.the air filter is full of red clay... I think i'm going to have to do a major tear down.. First Im going to wash all the mud out and let the electrical dry out to c if I get fire back.. Then start tearing it down.

I will say The other guys that met us out there were great.. They helped me out / took my wife back to the outpost to get the Montero so we could pull the jeep back to the outpost. They were a huge help. Thanks Guys! If you ever need a hand with anything just let me know.

This is why I only watch people play in that crap mud does nothing for me personally. I don't mind a water crossing but just mud is pointless especially the ones at uwharrie that are beyond discusting. Best of luck fixing the Xj.

Did you not know that hole was that deep? Not being a smart a** just wondering how you ended up like that. Most everyone who visits knows, I usually warn those who don't. But my first time years ago this fat lesbian chick was like "yeah it ain't deep, you got it no problem"
lying c**t watched me sink my rig and drove off.

No had I known I wouldn't have hit it. It was only to my bumper till I hit that hole.

Let me quote a conversation you and I had in another topic "I don't remember my way around there I come down from WV with other club members I think like 19 years ago. Since we moved here we have only been to the cove boat ramp to launch our kayaks. I was just going to wing it. "

Its no big deal I will do what ever it takes to get it running again {I don't give up easily} Its just a matter of time and money and how much time it takes to come up with the money :) . That big tow bill broke me for a few weeks :( . I think snappy said he has a electrical tester and may help me test my coil to c why I am not getting fire.

I have already got the inside striped out and clean later today I will start draining fluids and flushing things out..

Ahh did not realize that was you.
Well if I had known you liked to play in mud I would have warned you. I usually only see drunk teenagers in that hole or very built rigs. Mud is a lot of fun but I don't like all the things that come with it. Good luck on your jeep man, it will buff out!

Back