Uwharrie Trail Work Day #7.5, October 23rd

Will you be attending Work Day #7.5?

• Total voters

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
WORK LOAD:

It has been announced via the FS e-mail we will be putting up guard railing on either Falls Dam or Rocky Mnt. Loop. This will be a heavy work load day, so we will get some good use out of our new Auger. This is of course a short notice work day, due to the FS e-mail sent out yesterday. But if you can make it, it will be greatly appreciated.

SCHEDULE:

8AM - OUTPOST BREAKFAST
9AM - MEET AT HUNT CAMP
1PM - 1:30PM - LUNCH AT THE DOUBLE PARKING LOT
3PM - PENDING THE GROUP MORE TRAIL WORK AND/OR TRAIL RIDES

LODGING:

As always there will be free camping offered for the volunteers. There are Cabin rentals available in the area for those not interested in camping.

FUTURE/OTHER WORK:

Everything hinges on that the contractors are done at this point. And from there the next hurdle is the Rockvember event corresponding with the next work day. We have to organize a work day around a massive event, which is no simple task. I understand most people don't like to hear the word safety, but its going to be a major concern with that many people out there. From that point the December work day hasn't even been confirmed yet. If it is, it will be an off-season work day which will hopefully mean a heavy work load.

Voted No because I won't be with the NC4x4 group, but I will be working on Saw Mill with CTB. Perhaps we'll all run into one another.

Family reunion in Alabama.

I'll be there weather permitting, could be there on sunday also.

Terry Savery has sent out another work day e-mail. Essentially it confirms we will be putting up guard railing on Falls Dam. It also confirms the next 2 work day dates:

Just for a heads up we have the next 2 work weekends planned are on November 20th (the Saturday before Thanksgiving) and Dec 18th the first Saturday after the trails close.

And this tidbit for those looking forward to heavy load work days:

The December weekend we'll be installing a lot of guardrail to address illegal trails.

Lets make this a great turn out for the first workday of using the new Auger. :driver::beer:

Just to let ya know, I'll have Hot Dogs and BBQ! Sold out last week and had requests for more. Pretty good stuff!:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

Back