Value of ATV

cotyp

91 cherokee
I have a cobra 90 i was wondering the value of it. It has two spots that needs welding, it turns over and has compression but will not crank. I replaced the coil and plug but it still will not run. There is power going through the plug thought because i tested it.

I am wondering the value of it and what would you guys say the problem could be with it, i was thinking maybe the stater or the rectifier.

15yarzm.jpg

x2093a.jpg

Last edited:
you're getting fire at the plug, or you continuity checked it?

If you are getting fire, i would guess the problem is in fuel delivery.

Are you wanting to sell or fix up to keep (within reason)?

you're getting fire at the plug, or you continuity checked it?

If you are getting fire, i would guess the problem is in fuel delivery.

Are you wanting to sell or fix up to keep (within reason)?

i am getting voltage to the plug wire, i touched a volt meter to plug wire and other end on the block and it showed voltage flowing through when cranking. But when i would take the plug out and try to see if it made spark when grounded there was nothing.

i thought the same but i tried spraying starter fluid in through the carburetor and the plug hole but there was no change.

i am wondering the value as it sits and the value running and with the frame welded back.

You grounded the plug to the frame and didn't get an arc?

Just want to make sure i'm understanding.

The way it sits I'd say about $200-$300 is all you can expect.

You grounded the plug to the frame and didn't get an arc?

Yes, i even made sure to clean metal where i grounded it to engine block.

I did have an odd experience with it today, when i was trying to kick it and hold the throttle i was getting electrocuted by the throttle. So i think there is a short somewhere sending voltage throught the frame.

Back