Vehicle rust

What year is it?

My dad has an '08, and it rusted faster than anything we've seen before. The damage within a couple years was unreal, now it needs a frame-off restoration.

Almost as bad as the 1983 J-10 I had for a while.
It was a 14 but it’s gone now

No joke. I had a 2003 Chebby 2500 that was 10 times worse. Of course it had rust starting to show through in the rockers too. But it came that way from the factory.

The first part of it's life was spent in Massachusetts (2008-2014). The rest of it is impeccable with a great service history and an interior/exterior that is as clean as a new one.

We had already agreed on price a week ago before I had to go out of town, so that's not it. I figured they would find some nitpicky stuff, but was caught off guard by this. I could tell she (the buyer) was genuinely disappointed and shocked by their assessment too. But once that seed was planted, it doesn't matter if it dies. Even if she got a second opinion and they said it was fine, they would always wonder if the first guy was right.

Guess I need to go to Used Car Supply and buy a couple cans of 1 Owner Arizona Car Black. But I don't like to "hide" stuff, which is why I didn't already do that. They will probably ended up buying one for a couple grand more from a used car dealer that knows nothing of the history and has a sprayed up frame :shaking:

I'm glad my 2017 Silverado came with an 8 year rust warranty. At year 9 it will probably fall apart

I'm still waiting for the OP to post some pictures of rust...

It was impounded by Durham county when they busted me, now they use it as a undercover vehicle:eek:

theres a story that needs telling

That was an idiot who looked at that car. Yankee cars look much worse than that after only a year or two. Yours is totally normal and not bad in the least. You can't hardly find a 2014 truck that has been driven at all that looks any better than yours.

I'm glad my 2017 Silverado came with an 8 year rust warranty. At year 9 it will probably fall apart
That's just means they painted with very flexible 8yr paint. Just can't see the rust.

Hit it with some Fluid Film. She’ll come back around.

Back