Vertigo

I’m on the 3rd day of it. Feels like I’m fallin out of an air plane. We had plans to go to Pa for a few days.That got canceled pretty quick.During the day is manageable but mornings and sometimes at night is killer.

Back in the 90's I was doing a solo hike on the AT in Virginia, late fall for a couple weeks. Got an ear infection, Slept in one day, then was stumbing tree-to-tree trying to keep upright, for two days. Didn't run into a single person. Finally got to the highway near Bland Va, and hitched a ride. One of the less-fun trips ever. At least that was treatable. Two nights in a slumbag motel and back on the trail.

edit: The guy that helped me (and got me back to the trail later) was "Dr. Frog"... not a doctor, but a school superintendent. Just googled him...nice guy.

I had a case of BPPV a few years ago.
It was crazy. Doc prescribed a series of weird exercises that amounted to twisting my head and body a certain ways and dropping back onto a mattress in a weird manner. Not sure if it helped but it did resolve …sucks and I feel fornya

Had it 9 years ago, woke up at 5 doing my morning routine getting ready for work brushing my teeth literally hit the floor like somebody had knocked my feet out from under me, tried crawling on my stomach but could not see anything, I got so dizzy I started throwing up and couldn’t do anything but lay in it, after about an hour in the floor I got just enough strength to crawl into bed, then I realized I needed to call into work thank goodness for Siri. Got dad to take me to the doc and they said I had vertigo, came back home and slept for 3 days straight, man it sucked

I had a case of BPPV a few years ago.
It was crazy. Doc prescribed a series of weird exercises that amounted to twisting my head and body a certain ways and dropping back onto a mattress in a weird manner. Not sure if it helped but it did resolve …sucks and I feel fornya
Only thing that works for me unless I want to put up with it for days.

Must be something about this time of year. The Friday after Easter last year, I woke up, sat up from laying on my left side, made it straight up and fell directly over to my right with absolutely no control of my motion like a dang weebil.
IMG_2986.gif

I honestly thought I was having a stroke or something. Gathered myself, laid back down to figure out WTF and assess myself, and when I laid down, the world started spinning! Sat back up and it eased off. That’s when I deduced it was vertigo.

First time I did the Eppley maneuver, it dang near fixed me. Did it again on the other side and got worse again, haha. Tried it one more time and made it livable for the rest of the day.

Must be something about this time of year. The Friday after Easter last year, I woke up, sat up from laying on my left side, made it straight up and fell directly over to my right with absolutely no control of my motion like a dang weebil.
View attachment 415544

I honestly thought I was having a stroke or something. Gathered myself, laid back down to figure out WTF and assess myself, and when I laid down, the world started spinning! Sat back up and it eased off. That’s when I deduced it was vertigo.

First time I did the Eppley maneuver, it dang near fixed me. Did it again on the other side and got worse again, haha. Tried it one more time and made it livable for the rest of the day.
It hit me Wed night when I was goin to bed,rolled over to turn the light off and BAM!! I had a heart attack 6 years ago and anytime something like that happens my heart is the first thing I always think is happenin.Tonya knew what it was she had it about 10 years ago.

Been a BPPV club member since the 80s. It's gotten to the point that laying on my back while working under cars usually results in vomiting. It indeed does suck.
There are other less dumb hobbies ya know…. :laughing:

Back