vibration with Swampers

Rich said:
Probably getting broken in...
YUP!

BTW wanna feel a vibe? let them sit in this weather a week or so and jump in and go strait to 65. Try and catch your teeth when they fall out!

As far as balancing goes, IMO there are only 2 ways to balance "big" tires pad balancing (and even that has limitations as wear can change the weight pattern or (and my personal preference) "dynamic" balancing... A.K.A. put water in the suckers.. but I would add a bit of antifreeze for stability,mold control, and rust inhibition

more antifreeze than water. maybe a 50/50 premix.
ask Powerstroken about it.. he be doin' it awl da time. :beer:

I never heard of the water/antifreeze thing. How much liquid is put in?

I remember reading somewhere awhile ago, about somekinda of solid mass (powder?) doing the same thing. I want to say that the truckers use it in the big rigs.

Chvymn99

Do some searches, I used it for a long time.. I think we used 1 cup per tire total on my 38's last time, 50/50 mix..

Rich said:
Do some searches, I used it for a long time.. I think we used 1 cup per tire total on my 38's last time, 50/50 mix..[/QUOTE

Interesting, never heard of this. Anyways, I run 39.5 Boggers on the street occasionally and they ride just fine to me(except when they get a hard spot, but of course that goes away). My last set of 40's rode great(they were also bias). I don't even balance my tires. Maybe it's because I have a heavy rig and I'm used to my truck just being a 'truck'. :flipoff2: :driver:

RufustheRam used BBs in his 40" bias Hawgs. Those things drove damn good at highway speeds.

On my 38.5 SXs I am using Airsoft pellets. They seem to be doing the job. But the tires are so out of round they bounce pretty bad after 50 anyways.

I run a pound of BB's in my 38 TSL's and they ride fine. Its just when you
stop you hear them fall to the bottom and hit the wheel and every one
around you looks to see what that noise is.

Back