Volunteer Work Day FAQ's -and any other question you may have.

I have a few from our offroad group in Goldsboro NC that are interested in volunteering on March 23 is there someone we need to talj to to confirm or is it a just show up at 8am kind of thing?

From Terry Savery at URE:

Savery, Theresa -FS​

Fri, Oct 15, 5:21 PM (4 days ago)

Hi Everyone – Our next work day is Saturday, October 23rd. Kyle & I will be working with you to install guardrail and signs to block illegal trails / bypasses on the trail system. We’ll meet at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am. We already have all of the guardrails and posts staged on the trails and then we’ll be dragging them from there to the locations of the projects. We’ll be installing guardrail on the Sawmill Trail near the intersection with Slab Pile Trail. We’ll also install guardrail on Rocky Mt. Loop Trail near the dispersed campsite on the west side of the RML bridge. Depending on how many folks show up we’ll pick up. This is the 3rd time this summer/fall we’ve tried to get this work done. In June and September no volunteers showed up to help us. I hope that changes for this work day.

Please wear work clothes (long pants, closed toed shoes, work gloves, long sleeves), bring water and food, tools to install guardrail with (socket wrenches, pneumatic drill, sledge hammers, shovels, post hole diggers, etc.). You know, the normal tools we use for this kind of work. Some of you will drag the guardrails to the sites using D rings and our metal draggers and others will haul the posts to the sites. It’ll be great to see you all and get these projects done.

Also, your clubs or you as an individual should have received an email or 2 from Meredith Casper our Volunteer Coordinator about how to submit your volunteer hours for last fiscal year which is from October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021. Please make sure you respond to those emails you receive from Meredith & and go to the links to the database so that you all get credit for the hours you have put into volunteering this past year. We appreciate your help.

Bye - Terry

Back