W-S trails, front locker

rbo1577186

Hello forum,

Does anyone know of any trails in the W-S triad area?? I only know of a couple and have wore them out. (got bored with them)

I just bought a Lock-Right locker for my TJ (Front). Some people say this is no big deal to run, others say I really need locking hubs to run this. Anyone with some first hand expirence want to put their 2 cents in??

if u dotn run locking hubs it will make a clicking noise. i ran a lock rite with out manual hubs and was not too bad. i just lived with it

you ll hate and love it.
on the trail it ll pull you in to obstacles, pull you into mud, and stuff like that.. you ll like it when going up rocks, it makes life easier but in many cases you ll have to relearn how to drive trails with a locker in the front.
I would say give it a try. its a lockright so you can always pop it out if its too imbearable..
On the road its not bad.. you ll hear the clicking noise and occasionally it ll snap and pop. and again you ll have to watch out when on the road.

GEEK!

I finally had time to finish the re-gear/lockright project. I took it for a quick spin... What an animal!!!!! It's really different driving with a locker in the front. Very little noise while in 2WD, definetly bearable.

rbo1577186 said:
Hello forum,

Does anyone know of any trails in the W-S triad area?? I only know of a couple and have wore them out. (got bored with them)

Hey i'm actually looking for any trails in the area, new to thsi and very little idea how/where to get started...

rbo1577186 said:
Hello forum,

URE
Callalente
Tellico
Windrocks
Crozet
GWNF
Croatan

I know the first three and those are a drive. OCCASIONALLY I'll go for a trip but not often. I was looking for something a little closer to home. Are the last 4 on your list close to W-S?

Uwharrie is the closest to winston-salem. No trails around winston that are legal to ride on.

That bites, I'm gonna have to get a higher paying job to buy some 4 wheelin land or hook up with someone that has a place to ride.

Does anyone know about some 4 wheel drive club that meets somewhere on University Parkway on certain Friday nights of the month???

rbo1577186 said:
That bites, I'm gonna have to get a higher paying job to buy some 4 wheelin land or hook up with someone that has a place to ride.

Does anyone know about some 4 wheel drive club that meets somewhere on University Parkway on certain Friday nights of the month???

Yes that would be Triad 4WDA. We met this past Friday. We meet in High Point at the Sonic on Parris Ave on the 1st Friday of the month at 7 and we meet behind the Cookout on Universitry on the 3rd Friday of the month at 7. Anyone with a 4x4 is welcome to attend. You can also find us at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Triad4wd/ and on NC4x4.

Gary

Back