Wab Fab

usmcestep

Well after doing business with these guys I think everyone should do some homework as to who they are dealing with now and days.

I ordered some parts from them on Sunday hoping to have them by the weekend. Well I called them yesterday twice with no answer then called them today 3 times and even e-mailed them. I finally texted them and wanted to know about the shipping to my order. They guy told me that he didnt even know about it. Here is what was said over text, there was some language from his end so I will **** it out...

I asked him to refund my money thru paypal and he told me stop the horse**** complaint and he will refund me the money when he feels like it.

We got into it more but I will leave that piece out...

Just dont deal with this guy:

http://www.wabfab.org/toyota.htm

I have already contacted PayPal to take it to the next level, he has 10 days to respond.
I have also reported him to the BBB

^ agreed... lol

No customer service = no customers. He won't last.

You should probably go read the PBB thread.

Not only do I feel dumber after reading that...

But it still seems like the vendor was acting like an ass. Sure, it might be unrealistic to expect that an order made on sunday would be shipped by monday or tuesday.

But the way I read it, the purchaser, upon finding out that the items wouldn't be shipped in the timeframe he wanted, asked for his money refunded so he could buy it locally in the time frame he desired. He was told to go get f'd?

Typical pirate responses, it'll probably drive up wabfab's business. The purchaser isn't helping things either by acting like a whiny bitch.

Bottom line is if the purchaser asked the vendor for a refund before he went to paypal about it and was cursed at, that's sad customer service and probably decent reason to avoid the vendor.

Edit: something never mentioned is how the purchaser went about asking for a refund, if he was acting the way he acted over on pirate, he deserves to get a bit of the shaft treatment.

I have never bought anything form Brian (Waf-Fab) but I sure as hell sold him a lot of stuff when I worked for 4wp.

I alway got a good vibe from him, and if I ever need anthing he sells, will def. buy from him.:beer:

I know if I owned my own buisness I would definately pick and choose who I was nice to. Thats my right.

Trust me, I had a few customers at 4wp that I almost was willing to get fired for.

I would guess the best analogy for this situation is "Garbage in Garbage out".

I'd have to say the purchaser is wrong in this case, but the name calling and cursing isn't right in any buisness. I deal with customers everyday and once one calls cussing I usually hang up on them until they can talk with some respect no matter what the issue is.

but the name calling and cursing isn't right in any buisness. .

Depends on who starts it.

I think pople are so used to going to wallmullet(and others) and gettingn exactly what what they want by being rude/pissed, whatever.

If I owned my own shop, (as I said before) those fucks would get shit right back from me. As some one here also already said, every once in a while it is better to loose a customer.

QUOTE=bthelton;575605] but the name calling and cursing isn't right in any buisness. .[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they would have got worse from me.

I would have called him a chicken-fucker. :flipoff2:

I mean come on, he said "horseshit dispute", he should be arrested for sure.

OP, be nice to people and you will get honest anwsers/results and so on. I will also say not to order shit (from anywhere) on the net if its critical. ha ha

Man, I do feel for you somewhat, I know what it is like to miss a wheelin trip from parts not arrivnig on time. That alone taught me the tactful/intelligent way to make sure that never happens. Seriously just trying to help.

Find a GOOD parts guy, stick with him and you will love this sport all over again.

I deal with customers everyday and once one calls cussing I usually hang up on them until they can talk with some respect no matter what the issue is.

I run a business and am the same way... But if it went down like the purchaser claims, and when he asked for a refund he got told where to be, that's sad service. I won't speak nicely with someone who's disrespectful, but when you're literally trying to give someone your money and they cop an attitude, that sucks. And not knowing anything about an order days after the order is placed is plain out half-ass. I know if I placed an order with a company on sunday and had called, e-mailed and basically tried really hard to get in touch with them, finding out via text message on tuesday that they had no idea about my order would end up with me not as nice as I could be.

Sounds like wabfab has plenty of loyalty and this isn't a customer he needed and knew it. The only excuse for not knowing on a tuesday that there was an order placed on sunday is that you don't want that money- or more correctly, you specifically want that customer to give that money to someone else.

I'm busy as hell (work 40-50 hours a week plus school full time) and hate when people aren't open on weekends. I understand perfectly why someone might make that choice, either personal life or just not enough business to justify paying staff... But just as understandable is then why I choose to give my hard earned money to someone who's got what I want in stock or who is open on sunday.

The dude might be a great wrench and lights-out at fab (and a stand up guy) but it sounds like he could stand to have someone help process internet orders.

OR the OP has distorted this whole thing because he's a whiny little bitch. Impossible to tell, I know that when customers get bitchy and I'm in a position where they have no leverage its really hard not to run my mouth...but every time I do it, its bad customer service and I'm not proud of it.

Gents I was nice to the guy then he had the comment about the horseshit complaints and everything went down hill from there. I have tried contacting him all day long with no response. I even texted him just like the way he conducts business with no response. Even one of the guys on pirate said he doesnt answer the phone during the day, how are you going to run a business like that?

I just want to talk to the man over the phone. He could be a good guy, who knows.... I just want a refund.. I didnt call to bitch about shipping I was just simply asking him what the staus was of the order and he didnt have a clue and never responded back so I asked for a refund thru paypal and asked him nicely if he could go to paypal and refund my money so i can buy from a local vendor that was more expensive. Then that is when he had his horsehit complaint remark....

The guys over on pirate take everything personal and started atacking me and trying to look up info on me which doesnt bother me. If I got the guy more busniess than good on him I just want to talk to him and get everything straight.....

I just want a refund.. I didnt call to bitch about shipping I was just simply asking him what the staus was of the order and he didnt have a clue

The thing to do at this point then is to order it from someone else, let him refund it whenever paypal forces him to and make sure you let everyone know how easy it was to deal with someone else, that the item was in stock and shipped promptly.

Professionalism kills things like name-calling and shadetree hobby-businesses. Just deal with it like an adult on the level he couldn't. You can't possibly crush his business by e-whining to his friends/loyal customers or with the BBB. Do it by supporting his competitors, and pointing others that direction.

Oh, and a little tip- I've learned that when I need/want something the most... I need to step back and make doubly sure that I'm being calm, respectful, and not being demanding. When you're on the other side, people who aren't those things are the people you fuck with the hardest.

The thing to do at this point then is to order it from someone else, let him refund it whenever paypal forces him to and make sure you let everyone know how easy it was to deal with someone else, that the item was in stock and shipped promptly.
Professionalism kills things like name-calling and shadetree hobby-businesses. Just deal with it like an adult on the level he couldn't. You can't possibly crush his business by e-whining to his friends/loyal customers or with the BBB. Do it by supporting his competitors, and pointing others that direction.
Oh, and a little tip- I've learned that when I need/want something the most... I need to step back and make doubly sure that I'm being calm, respectful, and not being demanding. When you're on the other side, people who aren't those things are the people you fuck with the hardest.

Thanks man.... I appreciate it. I really did not demand anything, it probably seemed that way over text like some things do. Hell even my wife and I argue over something on text because it was said the wrong way or something then we talk face to face about it and everything is fine. If he had just simply picked up the phone it would have been fine I am sure.

I have never bought anything form Brian (Waf-Fab) but I sure as hell sold him a lot of stuff when I worked for 4wp.
I alway got a good vibe from him, and if I ever need anthing he sells, will def. buy from him.
I know if I owned my own buisness I would definately pick and choose who I was nice to. Thats my right.
Trust me, I had a few customers at 4wp that I almost was willing to get fired for.
I would guess the best analogy for this situation is "Garbage in Garbage out".
Whats up Kyle? So who the heck am I going to buy wheels and tires from now? :flipoff2:
If I owned my own shop, (as I said before) those fucks would get shit right back from me. As some one here also already said, every once in a while it is better to loose a customer.
Sounds like they would have got worse from me.
I would have called him a chicken-fucker. :flipoff2:
I mean come on, he said "horseshit dispute", he should be arrested for sure.
I thought you guys up in NC did chickens for fun anyway? :flipoff2:
Gents I was nice to the guy then he had the comment about the horseshit complaints and everything went down hill from there. I have tried contacting him all day long with no response. I even texted him just like the way he conducts business with no response. Even one of the guys on pirate said he doesnt answer the phone during the day, how are you going to run a business like that?
I just want to talk to the man over the phone. He could be a good guy, who knows.... I just want a refund.. I didnt call to bitch about shipping I was just simply asking him what the staus was of the order and he didnt have a clue and never responded back so I asked for a refund thru paypal and asked him nicely if he could go to paypal and refund my money so i can buy from a local vendor that was more expensive. Then that is when he had his horsehit complaint remark....
The guys over on pirate take everything personal and started atacking me and trying to look up info on me which doesnt bother me. If I got the guy more busniess than good on him I just want to talk to him and get everything straight.....
:shaking: Lots of half truths and downright lies in the midst of your comments here and everywhere. I think perhaps 20 minutes transpired between 5 phone calls with no message to 10+ texts and then a PayPal claim then upgraded to a dispute. Like I said, all in about 20 minutes total.
As far as the PBB, you brought that on yourself. I guess the text messages you left out about "slamming me on the internet" and "do you know who I am?" kind of blew up in your face. :flipoff2:
:D

Back