Wake Tech craziness?

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
Anybody know WTF is going on at Wake Tech today?

My sis-in-law just had this FB post
SIL said:
"Scary morning! Campus was under lock-down because of a supposed gunman. The first thing I know is I am walking to class when a guy with an AK47 rounds the corner and orders me back to my car. Stuck on campus for over an hour until they started letting us leave. Glad to be home and safe! "

Does she mean the police...? This just happened at cvcc the other day when "someone" was spotted with "something" that may or may not have been a pistol.

Lol - someone wants some attention. It will probably be a popular fad for a few years after all the press that VT got.

To which incident are you referring? Because that comes off as really crass and insensitive, given the events that have occurred on campus at VT.

IIRC... Someone went psycho and shot a bunch of people on the campus a few years ago. Other psychos got the ideal and have done or threatened to do it to other places.

I think the term is copy cat killers. After a few years the copy cats will give up if they don't get the press they want or forget about it after a few years.

How to end this silly crap for ever.

I here by offically volunteer to handle all the hostage negotiations and assailant eradications for the next real or fake campus attack that occurs. I will do this for free, and I will only have to do it one time. When I got done with the asshats that gets off shooting innocent kids, no one will want to "Copy Cat". I promise. But just incase they do... Remember that American kid that got publicly Caned overseas several years ago? Have you heard of anybody else needing one since?

IIRC... Someone went psycho and shot a bunch of people on the campus a few years ago. Other psychos got the ideal and have done or threatened to do it to other places.

I think that to suggest a mass murder inspires "copycats" both overestimates the motives of the perpetrators and oversimplifies the tragedy of such events.

Pretty sure than no LEO carries a AK-47.

This type of stuff will continue to happen. Unfortunatly when someone does go postal and start shooting it is almost always too late to save them. They seem to almost always take themselves out many times even before law enforcement can stop them.Not very often are they out for media attention.

I think that you will see more reports of I thought I saw or someone said that a kid had a gun. Hell they need more time to study for the test. Now thatwould be pretty shitty on that kids behalf.

I was wondering as well, either she saw the gunman (the guy with the AK), or she doesn't know her guns, because I am sure no LEO would carry an AK, at least not in the US.
I am betting more on the latter...

Oh I cam quite sure she doesn't know shit about firearms. This girl was home schooled her whole life and basically grew up in a bubble.

Pretty sure than no LEO carries a AK-47.

To a large percent of Americans, any rifle with a magazine is an "assault rifle" and any "assault rifle" is an AK. Especially a 20 year old girl.

I don't see the whole copycat thing happening, but because of the total shock and tragedy of the VT attack people are being hypervigilant to the point of ridiculousness. The police, sheriffs dept and swat all enjoy any reason to bring their sweet vests and rifles out which just ends up provoking more fear of nothing.

I was in a class during the lockdown. They just told us that we were in a lockdown and lock the doors and we stayed in class for about an hour longer. I didn't find out till after we got out about there was supposidly a gunman. I heard on the news a while ago there was just threats

Id also like to give a shout out to all the police and agents that was working this situation. They had the school covered and secured head to toe.

The police, sheriffs dept and swat all enjoy any reason to bring their sweet vests and rifles out which just ends up provoking more fear of nothing.

Follow the money. When stuff like this gets blown out of proportion, or like when the FD and cops spend hours inspecting a 'suspicious package'....it's all for the records, so when the homeland security grants come out, they got the statistics to justify getting a bigger slice of the pie.

And this is why you should be able to carry anywhere. Stoopid gunmen wouldnt pull this kind of stuff if they knew that X% of the given population were packing.

Back