Wandering the High Country

Joel

My wife and I have been jonesing for some snow so we took a trip up into the high country today and had some fun. I thought I would share some of the pics Maya took.

100_8099.JPG

100_8120.JPG

100_8183.JPG

100_8195.JPG

100_8200.JPG

100_8210.JPG

Those are nice! How deep did it get?

mac

I went to the top of my Uncles mountain in Ashe yesterday, had about 4-5" at the tops.

I forgot the dang camera

Parts of the parkway were open but not many. We ended up taking 421 to Boone and then over to Blowing Rock. From there we went to Linville and then over to Banner Elk and completed the loop back to Boone and home. There wasn't as much snow on the ground as I had hoped or had been forecast. If I were to guess I would say 4" is the most we saw. It was still beautiful and the trees had a nice coating of white. The roads weren't bad and I was a bit disappointed by that. It has been a few years since I have heard the crunching of snow under the tires accompanied by that soft snow ride. Maybe a bigger storm will hit one of these weekends where that will be the case.

nice pics... my and my better half took a ride up 321 from charlotte to boone yesterday to look around. i was disappointed too in the lack of snow on the roads but it was still pretty on the trees and everything.

the highlight of the trip was getting a ticket for 72 in 55 outside of lenoir. :rolleyes:

That last one looks like something from a postcard. Every time I manage to get up to the mountains theres never more than a half inch of snow on the ground.:(

Back