Want Axles

Banned User

Ive got my 99 Silverado with a 9" lift and 36's, and i love the truck except it has IFS. So, i just talked to a buddy of mine and weve decided to do a SAS on the truck, i got a ballpark estimate of $3500-ish not including axles. (Sounds expensive? anyone think it could be done cheaper?) so mainly what im looking for is 2 axles, preferably old ford 1-ton's but an old CKblazers D44's would work too. any one have any info on axles for sale let me know... And if anyone thinks they could help do the swap (cheap)let me know--chase

CAS22 said:
preferably old ford 1-ton's but an old CKblazers D44's would work too.

Make this decision before you start...
It will determine whether you can reuse your tcase, or have to replace it all together.

IMHO I'd stick with a GM axle and keep the passenger side drop. Of course I'd look for a 60.. but depends on how extreme you wanna go, a 44 could work fine, Or if its a street queen, a 10 bolt would even work( Though thisd would be an awful lot of work fo minimal improvement again IMO)

Assuming you've got a welder, grinder vise and all othr pertinent tools, your price seems OK. Yes it could be don cheaper, but I wouldn't go into it expecting it...
Remember the entire front steering and suspension (as well as your well being!) will be riding(literally) on your craftsmanship. DONT SKIMP ON QUALITY ANYWHERE
Good Luck
PM if near Charlotte, may be able to assist some!

you are going to want to get a ford axle. your t-case is a driver side drop. That will help eliminate the cost of a new t-case. gub ni has some pretty sweet deals on axles.

Back