Warrior Welding LLC shop.

Saw it on the truck too, but I didn't take the picture.

Actually this was sent to me by @WARRIORWELDING lol.

115912.jpeg

Ok shop gadgets. I absolutely love my Fireball squares. I want more....
Hand made tig holder, late night third shift boredom at one of my maintenance jobs.
And the little pointy mosquito third hand. Handy little hold down prop or whatever you can imagine..
IMG_20230329_142309235.jpg

Little of today..the aluminum was tedious. The Bee stands that someone ordered not so much. One goes on a 10k machine for making LS blocks better, Lol! The other holds some sweet nectar making stingers.
IMG_20230329_170022169.jpg

Not exactly shop happenings but I foresee some upgrades to this unit in the future.
It comes from my wife's family.
IMG_20230409_095223675.jpg

From old notes in her dad's way of maintaining info I've dug up that it is supposed to be a 1945 Build.
This should be a 2N from my research. Built between the 9n and more plentiful 8n red and grey tractors.

Last edited:
IMG_20230409_095335711.jpg

Lever half way up the tractor on this side is a range selector.
IMG_20230409_095309823.jpg

Lift works power up gravity down. My research shows the pto must be on for the lift to work. The pto is like all the other N series and suffers from allowing implements inertia to drive through the transmission. So a bush hog will push you around when you least expect it.
The left rear fender is the only real damaged sheet metal on the entire unit. The grill is surprisingly straight along with the hood.

6 Volt, generator and points are all still on this unit.
The only non stock mod is a push button start on the lower corner of the dash. It is ran to a traditional Ford starter solenoid. Found out in my research about the positive ground wiring. Also may or may not have released some smoke from a battery charger I have to repair now. 😬 Well I have it apart and all the smoked stuff is easily fixed with some new wires and connectors.

Fuel bowl was dry. Fuel smelled sour. The last time it ran was several years ago and I pulled it off with my tractor. We went maybe ten feet when Harry popped the clutch and it fired.

Three hours of tinkering on wires I broke for Easter late lunch an hour away at my hometown. Got home did a few farmer type chores and hooked a tow rope to the Kawi mule.

Ten feet and she busted right to life!

View attachment 395300
Lever half way up the tractor on this side is a range selector.
View attachment 395301
Lift works power up gravity down. My research shows the pto must be on for the lift to work. The pto is like all the other N series and suffers from allowing implements inertia to drive through the transmission. So a bush hog will push you around when you least expect it.
The left rear fender is the only real damaged sheet metal on the entire unit. The grill is surprisingly straight along with the hood.

Nice tractor with the sherman Hi-Lo. Get an over run coupler for it and you wont get pushed around.

Nice tractor with the sherman Hi-Lo. Get an over run coupler for it and you wont get pushed around.
Do the over run connector. The Sherman is nice. Basically its a low range for the transmission. You ever get bored build me a bumper for my 8n. I need to hang some weights on the front. SN will be on the engine and tell you exactly what year it is.

i was going to say the same thing
It has an odd coupling on the PTO or appears to. I will get some picks when I can fiddle with it.

As for the Sherman Hi-Lo I had read about the possibility and was tickled to see it. I have heard varying opinions on it. I do know this little bugger is pretty high geared. That concerns me.

Any of you folks got real world experience of what this tractor will or want do? I realize I'm not gonna be pulling a square bailer unless it has a pony motor. But a Tiller the width of the rear tires has been a want for a garden unit. This is why I decided to get it going and check it over, I cannot afford a more modern dedicated garden unit right now.

EDIT: Been using a Massey 20c with a loader. It has around 45 HP at the crank and I have found myself doing some pretty aggressive things, like lifting the rear off the ground with loaded tires and a gill box blade hanging off the rear.....:D I know this little guy isn't up to that. But it is stupidly geared and heavy for working in a food bed of sorts after breaking the ground.

Last edited:
Do the over run connector. The Sherman is nice. Basically its a low range for the transmission. You ever get bored build me a bumper for my 8n. I need to hang some weights on the front. SN will be on the engine and tell you exactly what year it is.
Does your unit have a bumper at all? I may have a bumper with a shape I am more used to seeing on these tractors. I will get you a picture.

It has an odd coupling on the PTO or appears to. I will get some picks when I can fiddle with it.

As for the Sherman Hi-Lo I had read about the possibility and was tickled to see it. I have heard varying opinions on it. I do know this little bugger is pretty high geared. That concerns me.

Any of you folks got real world experience of what this tractor will or want do? I realize I'm not gonna be pulling a square bailer unless it has a pony motor. But a Tiller the width of the rear tires has been a want for a garden unit. This is why I decided to get it going and check it over, I cannot afford a more modern dedicated garden unit right now.
It may have an over run on it. See if it spins free in one direction. The over run lets the implement spin and the tractor stop. It acts like a ratchet. I can't answer what it will do with anything much except for subsoilers and box blades. Needless to say mine has impressed the shit out of me. As for the tiller people say you can't use one on these with out the sherman. They say the tractor doesn't go slow to till good with the sherman it does. So I'd roll the dice since you have one.
Does your unit have a bumper at all? I may have a bumper with a shape I am more used to seeing on these tractors. I will get you a picture.
No no bumper at all. I Like what is on the front of yours. Looks easy to hang weights on. Your tires might be filled if they are its a water calcium mix likely and is nasty on metal. I bet the tires on mine are 300 lbs or more.

EDIT: Been using a Massey 20c with a loader. It has around 45 HP at the crank and I have found myself doing some pretty aggressive things, like lifting the rear off the ground with loaded tires and a gill box blade hanging off the rear.....:D I know this little guy isn't up to that. But it is stupidly geared and heavy for working in a food bed of sorts after breaking the ground.

Your hi-lo MAY let you use a PTO tiller, but these ol girls are geared too high for most of the PTO tillers.

I use mine mostly as something to lean against...... But I have used these before (we had a 2N, 8N, and a TO-30 with a hi-lo on the farm) for bush hogging, plowing, discing, turning, scraping, skidding, and putting out hay. Biggest complaints are no live PTO, geared high, and to be as small as they are they suck at turning.

Your hi-lo MAY let you use a PTO tiller, but these ol girls are geared too high for most of the PTO tillers.

I use mine mostly as something to lean against...... But I have used these before (we had a 2N, 8N, and a TO-30 with a hi-lo on the farm) for bush hogging, plowing, discing, turning, scraping, skidding, and putting out hay. Biggest complaints are no live PTO, geared high, and to be as small as they are they suck at turning.
A lot of wisdom here. My Massey 35 outperforms my dads 8N in every way, and is almost the same size. But he still loves his 8N and will never get rid of it.

A lot of wisdom here. My Massey 35 outperforms my dads 8N in every way, and is almost the same size. But he still loves his 8N and will never get rid of it.

Yea, our 35 runs laps around the old fords. But they are cheap to maintain and do put in hard days work. Not gonna say Id never sell my 8N, but somebody would have to pay me enough to buy two more!

Clyde stretching on the warm sun. Dragging out some old iron for a fella to borrow for mock up purposes.
Snowfighter 60.
IMG_20240104_104400717_HDR.jpg

Been doin dirt toy things from December into New Year's.
IMG_20240103_093342151.jpgIMG_20240103_132800055_HDR.jpgIMG_20240103_132812242_HDR.jpgIMG_20240103_154820098.jpg
First real work of 2024

Trailer work that I got a feller ready for another year. Repeat customer since I fixed his axle bracket when this unit was new a decade ago.
Trailer get used everyday but Sunday year round.
IMG_20231216_121811708.jpgIMG_20231216_122205645.jpgIMG_20231216_123230473.jpgIMG_20231216_163958847.jpg

Corner got hit and the rear door frame was split out all the way around. If the door wasn't in the frame I could push the opening 6 inches out of square with little effort.

IMG_20231206_110819642.jpg IMG_20231206_161856420.jpg Dual shield love.
This one made me scratch my head and ask how.
IMG_20231128_075752864.jpg
Reminds me of that insane screen saver. Was a jungle gym to work in.
IMG_20231128_075737514.jpg
I guess I'm in that red group. Lol.
IMG_20231208_100755973.jpg
Old dump truck love. Removing the asphalt under the skirt sucked. It was torn and in the shape of a crude v. Choose a more round reinforced design . He had some dented areas and is polishing the truck up some for a coat of paint.

Getting ready to weld on a gas station man hole......for the record I refused to do it over the tank like suggested by the local fixer.....

Attachments

• IMG_20231211_124138366.jpg
    IMG_20231211_124138366.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 29
Last mention of dirt activities. I'm sorta proud of this one. It was to be a patch.....they still running it.
IMG_20230830_113251070_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230830_125453640_HDR.jpgIMG_20230830_160400357_HDR.jpgIMG_20230830_160417632_HDR.jpgIMG_20230830_160407069_HDR.jpg

The whole time it was a blessing of over cast skies. Broke out the rain prep and it managed to rain a little. Was blessed it was not a 100 degree day. Middle of a job site and all the shade had been pushed over, 😔

Back