Water/Methenol Injection

toyota231

Is anyone running water methenol injection on their rig? Ive been looking at putting it on my truck but i cant see spending almost $600 on the kit. I am going to try to make my own setup but i would like to see some closeup pics of the Snow Performance setup if anyone has some. Im thinking of using the windsheild washer resevoir (sp?) and pump. I am wandering if the pump will pump enough fluid. Just wandering what everyone thinks about it or if anyone has any experiance with the systems that Snow sells.

I ran it on my other truck. Used a weed sprayed from tractor supply, bought the injector online and an adjustable pressure switch that turned the pump on at about 10psi of boost...whole thing cost me about $120 to build. Search around lots of people have built them.

StudNuts said:
just select your components carefully, if the pump dont turn off or pumps too much, can you say hydrolock.

Yeah thats what i am afraid of and i dont want to mess anything up. BIGWOODY i tried a search and didnt turn up much, do you know of any specific sites that show homemade setups? Im gonna try to search again.

I had one of the first ones from edelbrock back in 87 on my 86 mustang GT it work great. it did make a difference I don't know about $600 worth though

616-260-1396 the guys name is Ken. He has the injector and the pressure switch to cut the pump on and off. He was helpful in letting me know what else was needed to make it work, they also sell a high dollar two or three stage kit.

Thanks for the help ill give him a call.

That is exactly what i had been looking for. I needed to find out where to get the nozzles at. I will try to start on this next week and ill post up while im doing it.

I don't know about the CTD, but I have a snow performance kit on my PSD. It adds quite a bit depending on how you mix it and how you tune it. You can get more POWER or cool your EGTs by changing the mixture. My cheif complaint wa that when I used it I would suck the resovoir dry quickly.

After talking with a Professional Deisel tuner I do not use mine anymore. I was advised that this was a quick way to "window the block" . Although its nice, I wont use it against the mustangs at stop lights anymore.

I still keep it full of a mostly water mix for cooling EGTs while towing, but I have yet to have the need to use it again.

Back