WAY too funny (motorcycle related)

bigassedredjeep said:
WTH?? the guy with the camera keeps going? talk about common.. you got the rest of the story? (was the guy on the bike alright)

Ditto

I wouldn't really want footage of me just passing on by like ,"Oh well"....

nope..no clue

Chances are...the guy in the car/truck was skeert that he was about to have his ass beat by a dozen pissed off harley riders (even though he's at no fault whatsoever)

Thru that area, the slow "leaf lookers" get buzzed by all riders, but the guy that went around him target fixated like hell. More than likely he just got some scratches.

If you heard what he said he was not being rude he was just scared. He was like they are going to beat our asses. Probably was some kid scare of the "motorcycle gang."

I understand why he did not stop. I would have jumped out and help though.

Ya know, he did a really good job of getting STRAIGHT around them. Its a shame there was a right turn before the left.

I find Hardly riders to be the least intimidating. Its all a facade with them.

jeepinmatt said:
Its a shame there was a right turn before the left.

:lol: Thats what I kinda found amusing myself. I mean, I HATE the guy went down, and judging by the speed scrubbed off and area he landed....he MIGHT have got a bruise or 2 (lets hope thats all) but if you're going to attempt a "MotoGP" type move like he did...might not wanna try it on a brick on skates

Seeing Red Again said:
WOW. :shaking:
OT - Caster, what kinda bikes you got there?

Current stable consists of a BMW K1200S and a CB750 and then the boy has a PW50...but I ride it about as much as he does :lol:

ok guys aint nothin funny about any
rider goin down no matter how stupid
a move he made.
my accident (not my fault) was at 35 mph and still
i ended up with a spinal cord injury.
only by the grace of god can i walk any at all.

and what kind of people were they not to
stop and try to help?
skeered of bikers--- bullshit

ridin dawg no more

The guy on the bike made a pass where is says (based on the lines on the road) NO PASSING. That is what assholes get! He said it, "they are going to kick our ass." It driver of the truck with the camera was not at fault at all. I use to ride a bike and did some stupid stuff but that was not cool or anything. He was trying to pass on a double s curve. JUST STUPID

jeepercreature said:
The guy on the bike made a pass where is says (based on the lines on the road) NO PASSING. That is what assholes get! He said it, "they are going to kick our ass." It driver of the truck with the camera was not at fault at all. I use to ride a bike and did some stupid stuff but that was not cool or anything. He was trying to pass on a double s curve. JUST STUPID

YOU've obviously never been to the mountains on a motorcycle. Passing on a double yellow when there's enough visibility is par for the course.

BUT..from that angle, he picked a bad place to pass (limited visibility), but it was his (lack of) riding skill that put him into the weeds. Fixation is a bitch. "You go where you look"...and he was looking at the ditch.

I'm gonna guess based off the sound and what you can see, they were driving a VW van.. Probably some tree-huggers.. :D They're scared of everything.

Rich said:
YOU've obviously never been to the mountains on a motorcycle. Passing on a double yellow when there's enough visibility is par for the course.
BUT..from that angle, he picked a bad place to pass (limited visibility), but it was his (lack of) riding skill that put him into the weeds. Fixation is a bitch. "You go where you look"...and he was looking at the ditch.
I'm gonna guess based off the sound and what you can see, they were driving a VW van.. Probably some tree-huggers.. :D They're scared of everything.

Fair enough.

Rich, I like the way you think.

And passing on a double yellow at Deal's Gap is standard issue. Even the Hardly riders do it.

Even though it's pretty common in the twisties, double yellow passing scares me personally. I prefer to just pull off the road and wait to a big gap opens up so I can get some good lean going at my own pace. There are just too many other things to worry about and watch out for on the road in my opinion.

Yup I'm a wuss!

Seeing Red Again said:
I prefer to just pull off the road and wait to a big gap opens up so I can get some good lean going at my own pace.

Good luck!

theres a time/place/way to do things. If you expect to get ANY riding in, at the gap, or on any curvey roads like it...expect "leaf-lookers" like these dudes to clog traffic. The ONLY way around them is to pass on doubles....because they're in their own world most of the time and/or too scared to try to pull over...so unless you LIKE the idea of riding PERFECT roads in 1st gear, you just gotta do the deed. But his execution was more "hey ya'll, watch'ish shit right here" than trying to JUST get around the hippies

And Dawgtoy....I must say....I giggled when his ass just up and dissapeared like that....but having been there, and done that..... "bush surfing" that is.....:D and having had HELGA THE HORRIBLE using the wire brush on my leg after I burned thru my leathers doing a wee bit of asphalt surfing myself (damn...3 times now :mad: ) I tend to be a bit more critical than sympathetic when it comes to stupid moves caught on tape

CasterTroy said:
I tend to be a bit more critical than sympathetic when it comes to stupid moves caught on tape

That is all I am saying. I hate when I see a stupid move. People jumped on the driver with the camera. WHY? he did nothing but had a camera in his had. He had nothing to do with the gezzer on the bike

i'm saying that the guy/hippie person with the camera is a dumbass for not stoping,. take your ass-whoopin' like a man if that's what it takes... but i wouldn't leave somebody laying in a ditch..

bigassedredjeep said:
i'm saying that the guy/hippie person with the camera is a dumbass for not stoping,. take your ass-whoopin' like a man if that's what it takes... but i wouldn't leave somebody laying in a ditch..

I see your point but it is not like the guy was by himself. He had about 10 people with him. If he was the only one I am sure the guy would have got out. It looked like when he was pulling off they were recovering the guy.

Watch the video again and at the end he says, "I would have pulled over if there was a spot to pull over. He also said that he sees his bike, so the guy was not that far down. When he pulled away there were 5 people in the ditch.

Yeah, he had plenty of help, so vanman had no obligation.

The "Evel Knievel-wannabe" was well covered w/ all of his buddies there.....

If the van was the only other vehicle there, they have/need to stop.....

I hope the guy walked away from the "wreck" w/ only his buddies' heckling to remind him to learn how to ride.

Both my parents are Harley riders (Ultra Classic & Super Glide - I got a mean Trek myself:D ).....they do it for fun & do not go overboard w/ assuming the lifestyle!

Doc

Back