We have lost a friend and fellow NC wheeler

SHINTON

I know a few of you were able to ride with Frank over the last couple years so I wanted to post this here on NC4x4 as well.

I spoke with a few of you already over the phone but needed to post something on the board as well after speaking with Kim tonight.

Frank Hale passed away just after midnight on Friday night after an extended battle with a very rare form of cancer. Many of us have wheeled with Frank over the last few years and it was always a joy to watch him conquer new obstacles!

This was a new sport to Frank, when we first met him, the red TJ was stock with a winch on the front and it quickly grew up! He was a friend to everyone who ever met him and willing to jump in and get his hands dirty learning something new on the rigs! (I put together a few photos from our adventures with Frank on my webshots (Look under Frank) real quick, please let me know if you have any you wish to add.)

http://community.webshots.com/user/shinton1970

There will be a visitation period on Tuesday, August 9th at 3pm, at the funeral home, Oakeys in Roanoke VA. There will be a brief service at 4pm also there at the funeral home. Following Frank's wishes, he will be cremated so there will not be a procession or graveside committal.

www.oakeys.com is the website of the funeral home, they will be using the SOUTH CHAPEL, which is located on Brambleton Ave. I asked Kim if she had any preferences regarding flowers or memorial gifts, and she said flowers would be fine or if you wish to make a donation to American Cancer Society or Hospice of Winston-Salem, in Franks memory that would be great as well!

I will be leaving the Greensboro area on Tuesday, about 1pm and will have a few seats available in the Excursion if anyone is interested in riding along, please just contact me. (My office number is 336-540-1990, my cell is 336-314-9771)

Kim, our prayers are with you and little Frank during this sad time, again if there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to contact the group!

(I made this a STICKY for a short period of time for everyone)

Sam

I had the pleasure of wheelin with Frank the first time he went off-road. We rode some trails on the backside of Beach Mtn at the end of 2003. Had a great time in the snow!
aut_6663.jpg

Aut_6641.jpg

We rode together a lot at Uwharrie in 2004
Frank coming up Dutch John 5/23/04
image6.jpg

At Kodak rock area, 5/23/04
image14.jpg

Also rode together at Crackers Neck/ Callalantee several times in 2004 and at Bill's house, 8/15/04
dscn2031.jpg

dscn2066.jpg

Frank was a cool guy always ready to load the family up and go trail riding!! I'll miss him.

Gary

He will be missed. He was a great guy to wheel with.

Sam(slim)

Back