weighing my truck

userbmx1315

builds more then wheels
i'd like to know were i can go to weigh my truck. i usually cant get off of work in time to hit up the local scrap yards. but does any one else know how i can weigh my truck and trailer? i'd rather not go to a station off the interstate due to me being unexperienced and pissing off the other truckers. if they are closed will it still show a weight?

A larger truck stop should have scales. I'd google cat scales to find the nearest location.

Landfill on Philadelphia church rd. I've done it several times, just tell them you want a weight.

Wilkerson Blvd/Catawaba River= old DOT scales. Nearly always closed. You will probably have to weigh 1 axle at a time, as the scale is short. One scale on each side of Blvd.. Normally 1 window pane is open, at the register, you can reach in & turn it towards you, if it's not.Just add up your weights; will be pretty darn close, to the weight on a full scale.
PS: I believe the Landfill, is open on Saturdays [thanks Josh]

I weigh everything I own on the scales at 74/Wilkinson and the Catawba river in Belmont. The TJ can fit on it at once, but nothing else will, so weigh 1 at a time and add up, and it will be right.

Back