weighted tags? questions

MrHman

Joined the Band
Banned
I've never dealt with weighted tags, but since the time has come to put my deuce on the road I was told i would probably have to have one. I am going to try for an antique plate, but since it weighs 13,000 lbs I may not be able to. How much would a weighted tag for it be? I will never be hauling any cargo other than a tent and maybe some people, so I want the minimum. How much $$ will I be looking at for one for 13K, or 15 if I have to go up that high. A guy told me that his 26,000lb tag was over $400 and I really don't want to pay that much.

You need to just go to the tag office and see. They have a chart that tells the price based on the weight. You have to tag it for the maximum weight that you will gross.

If i remember right from buying them on my 2500 dodge, it runs a little more than $10 per thousand lbs. Youre probably in the $150 range. I think my 10,000 was 108 year before and 8000 was around 80 this year.

the 10K tag on my GMC has been $103 per year the last 2 years.

Keep in mind, you not only need to buy the weight of the vehicle, but any load you will potentally carry or tow with it as well. and if you get an antique tag, I don't think you can use it for hauling.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28611

May also want to review the above thread

also moving this into Tow vehicles tech forum

The 16000 lb tag for my 03 f250 has been $220 for the last two years

thank you for the info. Mods i'm sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Back