Welded Rear Bumper Question

brp083085

So, i'm in the process of upgrading a few things on my Scrambler and came across my rear bumper. Mind you I've only had this jeep 1 month, and i'm discovering new things every day. I want to put on the LOD Expedition Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier(https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...xpedition-series-bumper-tire-carrier-519.html ) and I noticed my existing bumper is welded to the frame...... :-/ There are no bolts to remove it and the bolts in the picture are for YJ bumperets that were installed by the previous owner to pass inspection in Hawaii. What are my options here? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• bu1.jpg
    bu1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 189
  • bu2.jpg
    bu2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 213
PO cut off original rear crossmember (probably due to damage trying to pull something) and replaced with the bumper.

I can’t tell from the pic but unless some fab work was done you’ve lost the rear body mounts since they are in the rear crossmember.

If you cut that bumper off you will need to replace rear crossmember so the LoD has something to bolt to unless you want to go the welded route again.

Is there anyone in the Raleigh area that could help me with welding the new crossmember on? I've spoke to a few fab shops, and they seem lost when I explain what needs to be done, and it's starting to scare me, not to mention they'll charge me out the wazoo. I'll gladly provide compensation for your time/material.

Measure, cut and prepare material for welding. Clean and prepare your Jeep for welding. Post a bunch of pictures of what needs to be done. Offer free beer and I am sure someone will bring a welder over and help you out.

Back