Welding supplies

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
I have discovered Airgas has a fairly good web site to find all things consumable related. With some effort I can dial in exactly what I need for a variety of machines and consumables.

Anybody use it?
Price vs haggling with a counter guy?
Time vs seemingly getting the wrong stuff from counter guy or over the phone(same guy)?
Convenience?

Other sights I've found don't seem to carry everything I want.
Really like the one place simplicity. Also the big web guys that pop up in my searches seem to push only the "popular" items.
What say y'all.

Btw: 3 process 4 different machines and even 3 Mig wire types.....for one fella my list isn't simple.

I get most of my stuff from arc3. Airgas was charging me $60 to refill my 80cf argon, I decided to check out arc3 one day and the same 80cf bottle was $26 to refill. After that is hard for me to spend any money at airgas.

I get most of my stuff from arc3. Airgas was charging me $60 to refill my 80cf argon, I decided to check out arc3 one day and the same 80cf bottle was $26 to refill. After that is hard for me to spend any money at airgas.

Similar thing with the AirGas in Colfax, they were double what Roberts were on Ar/CO2.

Outside of that I'm no real help, been getting what I need through Amazon. All the welding supply website were crazy complicated to navigate.

Airgas is an overpriced ripoff, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use their website :D

A buddy of mine previously worked for Airgas, and now works for Roberts Oxygen, and says they are a much better company to work for. Plus they are cheaper.

*2 for Arc3....I price shopped around for cylinders, both were comparable, but I have stood in the airgas shop with no one in sight for 10 mins.......Arc3 is a solid 15 min. longer drive and it is still where I go, fast turn around and helpful guys behind the counter. Mever had an issue with phone or counter support.

For my experience, the guys at Airgas didn't have the time of day for someone who wasn't a corporate account and seemed to quickly turn up their noses when I was shopping for a multi-process suitcase unit.

I’ve been using air gas to get my bottle exchanged every month or two. One dude is pretty easy to deal with and created an account for me to get a decent deal on gas. Well I’m not sure if he quit working there or he was on lunch. But everyone else there wants to stick it to you. I have a bad habit of leaving my cylinder cap on my welding cart so normally we swap the new cylinder one on the old one and continue on with our business. Well I got charged $6 for the cap, then he claimed he couldn’t find me in the system and tried to charge me $96 dollars for the cap, fees, and the exchange of the 80 cylinder. I bitched about how I’ve set up an account 5 times , not kidding it’s like they purged their computer system. And his manager looked over and I guess recognized me between my Jeep and the k5, suddenly found my info and the price was $40 lower. So I’m going try arc3 here in Greenville for my next bottle exchange. It left a bad taste in my mouth with the new high school or college age kids in there.

Thanks fellas....my gas exchange is all good. I use Praxair exclusively.
I'm mostly looking for the other essentials.
I burn .023,.035,.045 dual shiels, and know 1/16 inner shield.
I also have 2 style feeders, 2 gun types, and my Tig. Oh and the engine drive.

@Chris_Keziah. I agree with the web sights. I've used Amazon as well for odds and ends, but my welding metal has been cheaper elsewhere.

Back