Welding Supply in Winston area

jeepcj3a

I need to buy my welders along with tanks etc and was looking for any recommendation on a good welding supply store for initial purchases and future gas refills in Winston area.

Dillon Supply, National Welders Supply, and Machine and Welding Supply (Arc3 Gases) are all in town but cannot find many reviews. Anyone used one of the above that they recommend?

Thanks

All three are good. The relationship is more important. Meet with each. It will depend on the people. You can hands down save on the intro net, but no relationship.

I do both. At the moment I get better service from Arc3. Some of these places have personel turn over. Some just have crappy people. I do use Statesville more. They are sending that store manager down Winston Greensboro way. Name is Mitch Stanley. If you meet him, tell him Andrew Johnson and Mark Sigmon from CVCC gave you a reference. The college has spent thousands with Arc3 and National Welders.

Roberts Oxygen in Colfax is who I use for gas, they're way cheaper than AirGas up the road.

I personally wouldn't go back to Dillon Supply. I went there to look around and get a few small/cheap items after starting a new job that was just down the road. They weren't helpful and the lady there seemed annoyed after I told her it was for personal use and not commercial.

I get my gas from AirGas since it's convenient to where I work, but like @Chris_Keziah said, they're more expensive

All three are good. The relationship is more important. Meet with each. It will depend on the people. You can hands down save on the intro net, but no relationship.

I do both. At the moment I get better service from Arc3. Some of these places have personel turn over. Some just have crappy people. I do use Statesville more. They are sending that store manager down Winston Greensboro way. Name is Mitch Stanley. If you meet him, tell him Andrew Johnson and Mark Sigmon from CVCC gave you a reference. The college has spent thousands with Arc3 and National Welders.
This. At work we use national welder and they are good, personally at home I use arc3. The fayetteville branch and the Dunn branch are nice guys, but I used to have my dad swap tanks for me when he worked in Raleigh since he would pass right by one, he said those guys were horrible to do business with (5 to 6 years ago, it may be better now). See who is more friendly or better customer service in your area for sure.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I don't know about your area, but around here, Airgas sucks. Overpriced, inconsistently filled cylinders (but don't worry, never overfilled) and the people in the store seem annoyed that you bothered them.

Of the ones I’ve purchased from, I like Roberts Oxygen the best. That said I usually use Airgas because it’s right next to the office.

Can't remember the guys name but one of the salesman that works at Roberts oxygen lives in Clemmons and has offered on several occasions to drop my order off at the house on his way home.

Of the ones I’ve purchased from, I like Roberts Oxygen the best. That said I usually use Airgas because it’s right next to the office.

Can't remember the guys name but one of the salesman that works at Roberts oxygen lives in Clemmons and has offered on several occasions to drop my order off at the house on his way home.

Roberts Oxygen in Colfax is who I use for gas, they're way cheaper than AirGas up the road.

I will put them at the top of my list then. Thank you all.

Back