What a mess...................

buggybuilder

Just wanted to share the fun of reversing the rotation of a rockwell 2.5 ton...
I know it was covered over on Pirate but no one said you needed an entire 1 car garage to sort all the damned parts!Also finding a Machine shop local thats willing to re arrange their bridgeport is no small task.Anywho, the diff's are dissasmbled and at the shop and new boots and such should be arriving any day now, so hopefully I can reassemble these axles and reclaim my garage!

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y54_buggybuilder_100_0943.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y54_buggybuilder_100_0907.jpg

buggybuilder said:
Also finding a Machine shop local thats willing to re arrange their bridgeport is no small task.

So,??? what do they use it for, a glorified drill press? Our bridgeport is changed almost daily, depending on what the customer needs done. Too bad you are so far away we would be glad to help.

upnover said:
So,??? what do they use it for, a glorified drill press? Our bridgeport is changed almost daily, depending on what the customer needs done. Too bad you are so far away we would be glad to help.

Actually the fabricate replacement wood working machinery parts and were the only ones out of 4 different shops willing to help.Yep, If you were only a little closer.......would have been glad to give you the work......:huggy:

Got some new boots from USA6x6 and they are nice even if you have to deal with them.Actually I got em 4 days from the time I paid them......maybe they are turning thier image around.....anyways, the center chunks come back from the machine shop on Monday so I will be putting up some pics of the machine work and such......need to get these back together ASAP!!!!!

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y54_buggybuilder_100_0946.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y54_buggybuilder_100_0947.jpg

Oh no your is making progress without me, not good. Looking good so far. I worked all day on the yota and its almost ready. Now all i need is some wheels and tires and gears.:flipoff2:

buggybuilder said:
Got some new boots from USA6x6 and they are nice even if you have to deal with them.Actually I got em 4 days from the time I paid them......maybe they are turning thier image around.

Yeah, I've done some business with them lately as well. No complaints, had my parts in two days.

Got the chunks back from machine shop today......re-assembly begins.....
You can see the big end that was bushed and the small end was opened up to the big bore size, now the pinion will slip in the backhole!:huggy:

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y54_buggybuilder_100_0957.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y54_buggybuilder_100_0954.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y54_buggybuilder_100_0959.jpg

Now for a little clean up and paint work and these are ready to go in reverse!
All this to run a rear engine...........its got to be worth it!:smokin:

Yeah heavy is not the word for it, but i still want them. Hey buggybuilder i think we should change the plan on the buggy and make it a two seater so i can ride.:flipoff2:

toyota231 said:
Yeah heavy is not the word for it, but i still want them. Hey buggybuilder i think we should change the plan on the buggy and make it a two seater so i can ride.:flipoff2:

I cant do it man........gotta keep it real yo!!!!!:gay:

Back