what campground to use?

Loganwayne

#BTL
planning my first trip to uwharrie this spring so i need some info. what is the best campground to stay at to use the trails. i will be tent camping, but will need a place to set up the keep the girlfriend happy. can i pull my jeep into the campground to my camping spot or do i need to drop the trailer somewhere. is there a gate that is closed at night, if so what time does it close cause it may be late friday night before i get there. thanks for the help.

If you want something with latrines / showers then I would say Badin Upper / lower loop. That is what I like to do. Then get some fishing in also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Gates stay open all night, but quiet time is supposed to be at 10pm. I used to camp at Arrowhead but now I pick Badin Lake because it tends to me more quiet there. Most of the sites are setup to accommodate RV's so you can bring your trailer in. I always look for one with a longer pull in area so I can back the trailer into the camp site as far as possible. and park the 4x4 in front. Depending on the camp site host some are very picky about everything staying on the gravel. Arrowhead does have paved sites with electric but its sometimes harder to find a flat area to put a ten.

april 11-13 drive down friday night go to the big creek ride on saturday ure on sunday leaving late sunday.

There's a pretty good chance I'll be there that weekend, if you see a skinny, nerdy looking guy in a old Isuzu Trooper that would be me so flag me down! :)

Shaggy

There's a pretty good chance I'll be there that weekend, if you see a skinny, nerdy looking guy in a old Isuzu Trooper that would be me so flag me down! :)

Shaggy
Having trouble getting a spot booked... Guy at the hotline number said I couldn't tent camp anywhere that had power and that if I was to long we couldn't camp and they would make us leave.... I was going to reserve spot 28 but I want to make sure I'm
Not going to get screwed over once I get there is any of that true

Are you trying for arrowhead or Badin ? I do it online myself.

you will be fine at arrowhead.Janet won't run you off.We tent camp with power all the time.Don't sweat it

thanks i knew i could ask and someone on here would know. If i didnt know someone on here could get me a straight answer i probably would have just not gone, the guy on the phone really made me mad.

I have never talked to anyone on the phone about there besides Janet. I do all my stuff online since they went that way many moons ago.

Funny, if they are getting the money, what's the difference? I've tent camped at Jordan Lake and Falls Lake a many a time the past 7-8 years with just a tent. And was sure to tell them! If you look at the web site "electricity" is an (option) and never specified "campers only"??? And I've visited every site in NC and seen the same lately for I finally broke down for a pop-up and trying to wear it out.

I think it's a "prestegious" attitude dude's trying to impress to not have "tent campers" no where near the higher paying "campers". Next will come CRA (Camp Renters Association) LOL Camping is just plain camping weather you're in a glorious aluminum shack or a dang cardboard box. In my opinion. What's the world coming to for my dad always tent camped back in the day. But with POWER!

Heck, who can camp in a gravel square for long in a tent for more than 2 days anyways? LOL

I'd play dumb and go on-line and be done with it... They get their money...

Here's a website with NC camping that someone posted from NC4x4 like 2 years ago? Awesome link and sorry I just saw your post.

http://robslink.com/SAS/democd25/camp.htm

Cheers!

I agree it shouldn't matter what your camping in you pay you camp if people in there fancy campers don't like it they can go somewhere else..... Although I have gotten lazy since I was in Boy Scouts, easy ups and fast set up tents for me ( it's easier to do it myself the try and teach my gf how to set up a tent with poles lol)

I sleep out in the open when the weather allows . Nothin says camping like the buzz of skeeters in the ole ear. I did get me a 8 person Coleman quick tent last weekend tho for when the weather isn't all that great.

I'll possibly be putting a mattress in my truck bed, throwing a tarp between torturers, and calling it a night, when out, next time.

You gotta love autocorrect.

I'll be tying a tarp between two trees and using that as my tent.

But, does anyone know of some good trail camping spots?

Back