What Sticky to buy

3d078c47048557d98e02fdeab65831be.jpg

I’ll get pics beside the reds also. Just for thread entertainment.

What tire is that on the left? I've never seen it before.

I was intrigued by them (sticky Mickys) for a low power technical crawler. Super soft so a light rig won't beat them up too bad and the huge lugs would grab at super slow speeds. I think they make a 37/40in size too, but sidewall stiffness may be an issue.

Reds are definitely the easy button for rock in the dry and wet. They grab dirt when worn if there's not embedded rock to stick to. Treps seem to do a little better in mixed dirt/rock and don't fall apart as fast. Haven't seen sticky swampers in the wild. Sticky 40in Trail Grapplers are a good mixed condition tire too, only watched them with full tread.

These are all on samurai/yota truggies and buggies at very low pressures on the east coast in northern Ohio where rocks are wet 24/7.

There are some old skewl hot rod/race tricks you can do to soften the sidewalls and the tread if need be for say a “light” rig.

I feel like, for a lite weight rig, the reds seem to work a little better. They flex more, and are a lighter weight tire. But the sticky Irok would likely be a good choice also.

Haven’t gotten a recent price on reds,

40” irok stickies $540
43” sx stickies. $690
43” Mickey’s $730
42” reds $850ish?

39” Reds should be $600ish. Due to price increases.

Called Goforth today. 37 Reds were $640/tire fwiw

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What do treps run in the different sizes?

@ghost 37” Treps were $525/each not sure about 40s, but @D2320M just bought 42s from GoForth and can chime in.

If you can drive to Hickory and pick them up there’s no tax and no shipping.

So you went ahead and ordered them right?
Debating on buying them or the 37 reds u saw in text for 6hundo less #cheapbastard

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any experience with the Mickey Thompson Baja Pro X? Looks like they make it in a 37, and its about on par price wise with the treapadors.

Baja Pro X

Has anyone had any experience with the Mickey Thompson Baja Pro X? Looks like they make it in a 37, and its about on par price wise with the treapadors.

Baja Pro X

When I was at The Ranch, twice I talked to some guys with them that absolutely loved them. It seems the massive tread voids do well at cleaning out with the mud we typically have here in the southeast.

Next question. Is there a sticky besides the short course one in a 35" tire?

Back