What track bar MJ/XJ?

ncgamedog

I am trying to decide if I need an adjustable track bar for the future 3" lift on the MJ, and if so which one?
I have looked at RE, Rough Country, and JKS.
the JKS apparently hits the diff cover.
I like the RE heavy duty, it uses a double shear mount and flex joint at axle/ bushing at frame, but its $175 + the bracket
the rough country uses a TRE and bushing and is only 99 bucks.
They ALL say for 3.5-4" or more... so do I even need it or will they be too long for 3".
I want this thing to be aligned properly and ride nice soooo, whats the scoop?

My XJ sits on Rusty's 3 or 3.5" coils plus 1" (0.70") spacer. I had the RE1600 tracbar, that fit fine, centered my axle great. I got DW when I added the spacers, so I started swapping parts out. Now I have the heavier duty RE1660 with additional passenger side uniframe cross brace. The bar is adjusted as short as it gets, but still a little too long to center my axle prefectly.

My XJ sits on Rusty's 3 or 3.5" coils plus 1" (0.70") spacer. I had the RE1600 tracbar, that fit fine, centered my axle great. I got DW when I added the spacers, so I started swapping parts out. Now I have the heavier duty RE1660 with additional passenger side uniframe cross brace. The bar is adjusted as short as it gets, but still a little too long to center my axle prefectly.

thats what I was afraid of...I want to do the 1660 If I go RE but looks like it will just be too long. Rough Country make a double shear type too, just bushing both ends. I may see what they say as far as lift vs. fit (the site says 4"+ tho)

right same part number...I guess its just a different vehicle, I dont know why they would rate it diffenent for the two

I would just get the RE1600 trac bar. It's good for up to 5" of lift. I've ran it on many different XJ/MJs with no problems.

OR

If you don't want to spend any money and your current trac bar is in good condition just redrill the lower bolt hole. Many do this for 3-3.5" lifts with no problems.

I'm going to need to know the answer to this as well. Hoping to put a 3" lift on my XJ just after Christmas. Let me know what you find out as you work through it. Thanks!

I had a rustys on my tj but kept snapping the rod end off. i then changed to a rock krawler bombproof track bar. its a really beefy bar, uses a heim instead of a rod end, and the kit i bought came with a new bracket, all for under $200 shipped to me

I want this thing to be aligned properly and ride nice soooo, whats the scoop?

Define "nice."

If you do a 3" basic lift and keep stock lower control arms, regardless of what trac-bar you put on you'll still have some harshness in the ride.

What kind of lift are you putting on and what do you hope to fit? A 2" BB would keep you out of all that other crap and fit 31s...

If you're gonna do control arms and trac bar, you may as well go for a bit more height to give you options, imho.

I run the RE 1600 trac-bar and the 1660 bracket, you have to drill out the bracket to fit the heim but I alread had the 1600 and wanted to put it in double shear, was a cheap way to do it. Most definitely a little long for 3" though.

Back