What will Carolina Panthers do?

what will they do?

Pretty much nothing. At least not this year. Theres no way for them to draft up a decent quarterback, since they traded this years first round pick to the 49ers, ironically for Everett Brown, Peppers backup :shaking:. Sure, we could get lucky with a 6th round Tom Brady, but what are the chances of that?!

What I am hoping, is that with the larger group of decent quarterbacks coming in this year (Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Pike, Keenum, Clausen), that it might flood the QB field so some of these guys trickle into the second round. There arent too many teams who are really hurting for a quarterback. Im hoping the Panthers can snag Keenum from the second round. He'll be overlooked since he came from a CUSA team and isnt in a spectacular bowl game.

As for Peppers. That boat has sailed. Placing the franchise tag on him was clearly a shot at picking up a first round pick this year, but no one wanted to take him off our hands. The mistake has been made. Dont spend anymore money on this guy. We spent the pick for Brown, and he will probably be worth it if we can get off this Peppers thing. Peppers should realize that against a gun slinger like Brees or Ryan, a 3-4 defense isnt the best option unless we have spectacular CB's and some very good safeties. I think with the 4-3 we currently use, we have much better chances to get pressure on the quarterback and cause the sack or get him to throw it away.

Ive read that some believe our offensive secondary might need some looking over. Muhammed and Hoover are getting a little old by NFL standards, but I think both these guys still have 4 or 5 years left in them, if not more.

choke

Nothing will change until Fox and Hurney are gone.....

They don't play to win...They play not to lose big....

Need to draft Armanti Edwards and run the Wildcat

And then when he takes his first NFL caliber hit and dies we can stick Matt Moore right back in.:flipoff2:

Seriously though, the good teams in the league are based around QBs that thrive out of the pocket. I say we give just about anyone a chance outside of Jake.

Fox is a good coach, he just makes some Al Davis like decisions sometimes.

Im not quite sure the problem relies solely in Jake either. At least 4 of his INT's were complete flukes (off the foot of Smith for example) and more than a handful were blown routes by receivers. Sure, a good portion were completely uncalled for passes. He is far and away NOT a terrible quarterback, he just is not consistent enough to keep as a starter anymore.

As for Armanti Edwards, I like the guy and all, but he just would not cut it in the NFL as a quarterback. Carolina does NOT need the Wildcat. Hes shorter than I am. He is listed at 6'0". Way too short to be an effective NFL quarterback (Although Doug Flutie would argue about that..). Seems most of the guys now are 6'2" to 6'5". What I think he would be good at, is wide receiver.

Steve Smith - 5'9" 185 pounds
Armanti Edwards - 6'0" 184 pounds.

Both have around the same speed. Armanti could definitely do that, but I feel that his heart is into his Graphic Design work more than anything, so we may never see him in the NFL.

If anyone thought this year sucked, wait till next yr. Like said damned if they do, damned if they don't. Fire them all and take a few yrs to rebuild or deal with the same ol' shit next yr?
I've watched 3 games this year(early season) and don't regret missing one that I didn't see.

why has nobody said anything about how incredibly terrible jeff davidson is?

fire him first please!

hire charlie weis for Off Cord.....then bring in cower as head coach
tell jake to throw it to us instead of the other team.

we might have soemthing...

but back to reality...we'll keep everybody we have like we've done the past EIGHT years, make a few weird trades and be mediocre.

Need to draft Armanti Edwards and run the Wildcat

damn right bubba! He is a legitimate QB. I saw him throw a 65 yard strike at the Halloween game last year:eek:
I guess his size is a question mark, but he absolutely has the arm, and accuracy to be a NFL QB. He also is freakishly tough, he has taken some big hits (Michigan) during his career and he just hop rights back up. Some of those would have "killed" me and I'm 220

Back