Whats the best pipe bender for the money?

Speed Freak

I am thinking of building my own flat fenders, bumpers and adding to my cage. Is there a bender out there that is not extremly expensive that I can buy?
Thanks

Here we go again, this topic gets hashed out a lot, try searching.

What you want is a tube bender. The best? I love the tiger shark, but they sell for major $$$$. Pro Tools, JD2 you'll pay about $500 for the manual bender with 1 die. I've probably got around $2k wrapped up in my JD2 with converting it to hydro, and the dies I have.

Best for the money? Pro tools hd bender with pipe die.
If you just want a pipe bender go to HF with the 15% off coupon. It will likely be under $80 (12 ton), and that's about what it's worth.

awww.harborfreight.com_cpi_photos_32800_32899_32888.gif

$99.99 at HF

Doesn't that dent the tube as it bends it? I would like something a little better than that. 200.00 to 300.00 dollars is what I would like to spend.

I've seen some damn nice poop pipe cages built from an HF special.

And if you fill the pipe full of feces before final assembly, it actually does a decent job of protecting your melon!

Or you get covered in shit... I can't remember which.

Like I said, here we go again. Speed Freak, the pro tools or the JD2 will sell for around $300, but that will not include a die, you'll need about $200 more. I don't know of a tube bender and die for around your price.

Yea I think Its right at $720ish to get a pro tools 105 shipped to your door that includes a die the bender with a degree ring and stand.

I tried one of those benders in the pics above from northern tool and I could not get it to bend at all without kinking the tube, maybe I was doing something wrong but I ended up taking it back.

i got prints from gottrikes.com and made a bender with pro tools 105 bender dies.material and ram and die about $450. waiting on dies so i can bend some tube.will let you know how it does.
bryan

tube is not pipe is not tube is not pipe :) Learnt that one on pirate. :D

The sub $100 ones are pipe benders. Cages and such are made out of tube. You don't want to build a cage out of poop pipe.

You need tube, and a tube bender.

OLD THREAD BROUGHT BACK
Here we go again, this topic gets hashed out a lot, try searching.

What you want is a tube bender. The best? I love the tiger shark, but they sell for major $$$$. Pro Tools, JD2 you'll pay about $500 for the manual bender with 1 die. I've probably got around $2k wrapped up in my JD2 with converting it to hydro, and the dies I have.

Rob, how did you go about converting the bender to Hydro? I haven't looked in to the kit JD makes cus I am sure its $$, but I am hoping I can get a ram from Tractor supply and design the bracketry to attach it. Then I have to figure out where to get an electric pump? Also, did you keep yours horizontal or did any of you guys get it to work easily vertical?
I don't use mine that much so I keep taking it down from its fixed stand and I'd like to be able to set it up on a cart so I can roll it out when I need it and store it when I don't.

Some of the vendors over on Pirate run some pretty good deals on the pro-tools and JD2 benders. The pro-tools site has the how to's on installing the hydro cylinder on an existing manual set up. They have to types. One is electric and the other is air driven I think.

www.pro-tools.com

http://www.pro-tools.com/105_5.htm

Back