Whats worth more in your opinion?

trailjeepman

I have some one wanting to trade me truck for truck.

1979 F-250 4wd mud bog truck with a built 460 dana 44 front and dana 60 rear with detroit lockers front and rear and 42" swampers. Body and interior are in great shape. You can see it here http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37934

He has a 1972 F-100 2wd with a 347 stroker, C4 auto tranny, 9" rear with a spool. His truck is very fast but needs a little body work and interior work.

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

Depends on who is the buyer. Some people love the bumpsides (67-72) but do not like the dentsides (73-?). Value of a vehicle is up to the buyer. I would like to see the 72 before deciding. Since I own a 67 I prefer the bumpside body more. I may be a little biased though.

Beauty (value) is definitely in thr eye of thr beholder.. however here there is a lot of differencei n the other thinsg that come with it.
E.g., 2 detroits vs a spool, Pricy tires, etc. Not anywhere close to equal.

Rest assured, if someone is trying to trade you straight up, you're goona get screwed 90% of the time

IMO, the 250 is worth more, but thats just me and what I think. Go to another 2WD truck forum and they may say the total opposite of what everyone here says...

Beauty (value) is definitely in thr eye of thr beholder.. however here there is a lot of differencei n the other thinsg that come with it.
E.g., 2 detroits vs a spool, Pricy tires, etc. Not anywhere close to equal.

But how do you know?
What if the 100 has drag radials?
Who/What/How is the 347 built (BLEH combo by the way, should have went 351/427) chromo throughout? internals etc?
How about that C$, is it built?

Personal opinion, I dotn think the mud truck linked is worth the asking price, BUT for a 2wd 100 to be worth that it would have to be REAL nice and REAL quick

The 2wd is not very nice but it is REAL fast! Doesnt have drag radials but it is tubbed out a little. He said he has over $5000 in the engine. Who knows though!

Back