Wheelin' in Winston

rattlecanpaint

To whoever was wheelin' your chebby in the woods near the corner of Ebert and Ardmore 5 minutes ago. I'm glad you got out, cause I damn sure wasn't going to hike my happy ass down there to help. Way too cold. I took your picture... but it didn't turn out.

that's where first learned....it is not a good idea to wheel in an illegal place.

I hiked down there a ways shortly after I moved in here, (took my lowrider rat dog with me and found out he ain't real good at going over logs). It looked to me like there would be too many trees down there to even get a rig in.

About 25 years ago it was a good place to wheel, you could start there and come at Hanes Mall! b4 I-40 bypass was built!

Ever wheel at a place in WS called The Hole? Wheeling underground.

It's under I-40 and 421 splits. Cant go there now, last I heard $1,000 fine! The officer was nice but stern, he did not enjoy walking in there in ankle deep mud so I offered him a ride out and he accepted. He had a blast getting back to his cruiser! Haven't been back.

yep..there was a nice man with a badge who stopped to have a chat with me about illegal wheeling when i got caught on ebert road.

i believe he told me it was a $1500 fine. a warning was all i needed.

It's under I-40 and 421 splits. Cant go there now, last I heard $1,000 fine! The officer was nice but stern, he did not enjoy walking in there in ankle deep mud so I offered him a ride out and he accepted. He had a blast getting back to his cruiser! Haven't been back.

dang wish we could get access to this i would like to go through there at least one time. good thing i wasn't the cop i would have been having you winch me out!! "Captain i didn't see the mud i was just trying to catch the suspect"

Reminiscing with some friends about all the old trails around here. Does anyone have any photos of anything? There used to be a website that had some photos but it’s now defunct.

Payne Rd. Up near King. Circa 2002?
My old CJ taking the bypass around couch hole.
1724548376324.png

Back