WHERE CAN I GET A DANA 60 NARROWED

Is going full width drivable on the road? Also some trails are tight with the width i have now do any u guys with full width cj's have a problem on the trail.

You can fix alot of your width problems with the wheels too...

How wide are your current axles?

Here's some measurements for you to use.

GM Dana 60 front (single wheel) ...................69"

GM Dana 60 front (dual rear wheel) ..............77" ; +4" on each side vs single wheel

GM 14 Bolt rear FF (single wheel) ....................67"

GM 14 Bolt rear FF (dual wheel)........................63"

GM 14 Bolt rear SemiF (single wheel) ..............66"

GM Dana 44 Front (single wheel) ..............69"8-lug; 67" 6-lug

GM 10 bolt front (single wheel) ..............69" 8"lug; 67" 6-lug

GM 14 Bolt rear (Van single wheel) ...............70"

GM 10; 12 bolt rear ..................... 65"

I hope you like spending money because you will have to get custom inner shafts made, and those aren't too cheap. IMO, sell what you have, then custom order a brand spanking new one built to your specs. Be better off in the long run, and everything will be new.

Custom inners aren't too pricey if you call around, but if you break you aren't going to find one just laying around.

I would run them full width and use the wheels for width changes. If you run tires big enough to warrant needing one tons...i sure wouldn't want to be dana 30 width. Just my opinion though

I run Full width and 39.5 Boggers, so I am almost 7 1/2 feet wide. Yes, some trails I have been on it does get to be a challenge, but it's part of the fun. Keep in mind there are many many full size rigs out there, and they run trails all the time. So where it might be impassible in the past, it isn't now. I like the stability.

If you try to run narrow axles on a CJ and run big tires, the tires are going to rub the leaf springs at full lock. You'll have to move the stops out killing your turn radius. Something to think about, don't know what tire size you're looking at.

Scott

Keep them full width. WTF, custom axles - you know how much a 'custom' steering axle is...sheesh? Run them full width and either run the H1 wheels or find a heavy backspaced wheel to narrow it out some. I was at about 73" wide with my 14 bolt and H1s. Heres a little formula for getting widths using different back spaced wheels:
Axle WMS + Wheel Width(X2) - BackSpacing(X2) = Axle/Wheel Width
Some Rear Axle Ex:
67 + 10(X2) - 4.5(X2) = 78"
67 + 8(X2) - 3.5(X2) = 76"
Its not an exact formula but a general guidline to figure out how wide fullwidth really is.

Back