Where do folks get toyota driveshaft parts (new double cardan)?

paulevans76

Buddy of mine is looking to get a rear CV shaft for his 1st gen 4runner. He's got duals with single joints and can't get rid of the vibes. So he's been contacting the big shops and they are all just offering spicer stuff. Olivers will build him one, but it sounds like he's got to bring the parts and have them weld it and balance it.

So what if you don't already have a good CV set up from an 84-85, is there anywhere that can build a new shaft with new parts? Is there any later model stuff that will do ~30*+ without taking it apart and going to town clearancing?

Carolina Driveline

Buddy of mine is looking to get a rear CV shaft for his 1st gen 4runner. He's got duals with single joints and can't get rid of the vibes. So he's been contacting the big shops and they are all just offering spicer stuff. Olivers will build him one, but it sounds like he's got to bring the parts and have them weld it and balance it.

So what if you don't already have a good CV set up from an 84-85, is there anywhere that can build a new shaft with new parts? Is there any later model stuff that will do ~30*+ without taking it apart and going to town clearancing?
I have one...sent you a PM

Back