Where does everyone go?

spunkmonkey

I have tried some searches, like "rural camping", "tent camping", ext, but have turned up with verry little results. My wife and I have only camped at URE, Brushy Mt., and the very back of busco. We love exploring with the ATVs or the Jeep, then finding a area away from others (so we or our party won't disturb others, or vise versa). Soooo, where does everybody go?

Don't rule out Brown Mountain for some good camping and atv riding. They have the same season as Uwharrie, or close to it (closed for the winter).

I had a good time at The Gulches also. It's a small place but camping by the river was great. Reserve your spot there early for the Presidents Day event. I went last year and had a ball on my atv. Spent more time watching than riding though.

Thanks!

I have a friend with a stock wrangler and URE was a little stressfull for him. Hopfully this place will be more his speed.

Any other places y'all reccomend going to before i have to PCS again?

Not too many jeeps at Brown Mtn, but atv riding and camping are terrific. Trails are really rough though, not maintained like URE.

Had a blast at the gulches! Ready for spring to head back. Had a sweet camping spot on the river. And now the Jeep is locked so we will be able to do more next time. Stayed on mostly the blue trails last time.

Coal Creek

Really wanting to hit up Coal Creek for camping and wheelin this spring/summer.

Back