where to buy beer in bulk for wedding?

jonnyB

i need to buy 600-800 beers for my wedding, needs to be cans. anywhere to get it in bulk for a discount? needs to be around the salisbury, concord, mooresville area

Yeah... 4 kegs would cover you, and probably save you some money depending on your choice of beer.

I know Budwieser is 70 bucks a keg around here, the more quality beers step well over $100 a keg.

Can you buy direct from the distributor here?

I know we did that shit for KOH... paid like $5/rack. But that wasn't in NC.

You can buy from the distributor it will be your best bet. When I worked at Skyland Distributing in Asheville we sold kegs and cases in bulk.

My brother drives a truck for Budweiser distributor in Lexington NC.... I'm thinking they could deliver to your house???? PM me if interested, I could call him tomorrow for you?

Having the Budweiser truck make a delivery at your house would be awesome. :beer:

Assuming 12 oz cans, at 8lbs / 128 fl oz (coincidentally, 1 fl oz = 1 oz by weight), at 700 cans would be: 525 pounds of canned beverages. That's a whole lot to move. Handtrucks FTW! Probably need a bit of ice too. Unless you've got a walkin chiller!

I sir will do my part to consume as many as possible, bud light or otherwise.........:beer: I'm sure Clayton will help me lighten the load so you won't have any left overs.

My brother drives a truck for Budweiser distributor in Lexington NC.... I'm thinking they could deliver to your house???? PM me if interested, I could call him tomorrow for you?
now that you say this i remember i have a friend of a friend that delivers out of lexington in my area. ill give him a call. might be better to have it delivered the day of on site though.

i dont know clayton, i might just get 40s of high life

miller-high-life-guy.jpg

Yea, that would pretty much be epic. "Just go ahead and back on up to the door here, honey, go grab the forklift, thanks dear" :beer:

FYI without a special one time permit issued by the ABC comission you will be in violation of GS18b-303 by possesing more than 80 liters of malt beverage. This doesnt apply to kegs.

WOW! Great info!

Assuming 12 oz cans, at 8lbs / 128 fl oz (coincidentally, 1 fl oz = 1 oz by weight), at 700 cans would be: 525 pounds of canned beverages. That's a whole lot to move. Handtrucks FTW! Probably need a bit of ice too. Unless you've got a walkin chiller!

And thats only if its some pretty light beer.

Imagine the same quanity of Guinness!

Uh... Dave? Stouts and porters are lighter (less dense) than lagers and ales.

That's why Guinness floats on top in Black-and-Tans or Half-and-Halfs.

WOW! Great info!

yep. but the permit is pretty easy to get, especially for a wedding. Just need some form of ID check if you are "distributing" it or something like that...

We had to get one for our wedding. There are some odd laws there too, something about if you are serving it, you have to have it. If its free, somethign else, if you are selling, something else, and I thought there were some other odd laws regarding if it was a "self-service" type setup, bottles/cans versus kegs...

we eventually told the caterer to handle it :)

Uh... Dave? Stouts and porters are lighter (less dense) than lagers and ales.

That's why Guinness floats on top in Black-and-Tans or Half-and-Halfs.

Well, I'll be honest. I did not know that. Now I do.
I love those darker beers dearly. And they sure don't feel less dense in my stomach. Guess thats what I get for going on gut feeling.

Dave=pwnd

Jackass. :flipoff2:

Hey its not every day that our resident brain doc gets pwned...gotta say though its not as satisfying knowing Shawn did it.

Back