Where to park at Uwharrie?...big trailer...

Will Carter

Gonna go play with the shocks on the buggy tomorrow so I'll need the mobile garage (big enclosed trailer).

Where's my best bet for parking? No tag on the buggy so no street driving...

awww.eldoradooutpost.com_badin_lake_area_new_20edit.jpg

The "P" on 553 should be good, its got lots of room, there are usually trucks with trailers on either side of the road (road goes through the parking lot). Also, the Art Lilley Campground has good parking, search for the thread Yager posted on here, it has more info about it.

The Art Lilley campground would probably be better, its freakin huge! And last time I was there it wasnt even close to full, whereas the parkin on Rocky Mountain loop was slammed.

Duane

yager's Link: http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67772&highlight=art+lilley
I'm pretty sure its at the bottom left of the map...

again from Yager: "it's at the end of 516 as seen on this map from Don & Darlene Custer (http://home.windstream.net/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif) lower left side of map. My understanding is the gates are now open and the gravel road takes you in to the top of the hill"

That's all I know, haven't seen it in person yet....looks large enuf for some Big Rigs though...

:beer:

There is also parking area at the end of 553 at the junction between 553, dickey bell, and falls dam. There is usually not many there either, but the art lilley area is definatly bigger.

The "P" on 553 should be good, its got lots of room, there are usually trucks with trailers on either side of the road (road goes through the parking lot).
yep. this is where i always park my 32 ft. bumper pull.

Thanks for the call...tool :flipoff2:

You would have gotten bored Mr. ADD...

We just did the same stretch of trail over and over again changing little things as we went...didn't get as much done as I wanted but it was too hot to be screwing with an aggravating hi-lift jack for too long.

youre still using rinky dink a high lift? pffft:flipoff2:

where did i see such a thing?....... hmm, oh shit, it was that guy that ran you over:flipoff2:

I'm talking about a real lift...not some 4 foot high POS to raise my IFS up 16".

8 footer...lift the car off the ground...setup and tear down in 4 minutes....unless you're Sam...then it'll take a solid hour...

Back