Where to sell an ambulance body?

yodaman88

I might be purchasing an ambulance to turn into a tow rig, and I was wondering if there are places out there that sell used equipment like such as ambulances that would buy to resell, or would craigslist work? If there isn't really any demand then I'll probably just use it as a small storage shed, or scrap it. Any ideas as to where to look so I can get an idea of value? It's off a medium duty truck, not a small one with a van front end.

Leave it on and make a camper out of it?

If they didn't remount it I doubt it would sell for its original use. A convalescence service might use it, but they generally buy used ready rigs. I have remounted a few over the years. Most all mount fairly straight forward. The emergency equipment, rear air and heat, and any stand alone back up power or power management can be a bitch.

I used to work at a place that builds them and remounts them. Like said if it wasn't remounted it probably wasn't worth remounting. Some plumbers and electricians like the bodies for the storage. Or set it on the ground and bam!!.... instant storage building!

the ambulance is complete right now. I will be taking the box off the back of the truck so that I can put a bed and 5th wheel hitch on it. Can't tow a gooseneck trailer with a big ass box on the back

If the whole ambulance is in decent shape, I'd sell it complete and use the proceeds to buy a different tow rig, There's a fair number of people converting them into Expedition Campers (Including me), I've seen a few take just the box like you're going to have and turning them into camping trailers, but they generally cut off the front of the frame and use the back, since the boxes are pretty damn heavy for mounting on a standard trailer frame..

You could try selling it on Expedition Portal, If you sell the whole Ambo at a good price, it would probably go pretty quick, Just the module though might be tough.

Expedition Campers and Trailers - Expedition Portal

Finally, I don't know what aluminum is going for right now, but that is about 90% of what the box is, so it would probably scrap for a pretty good price.

There's a fair number of people converting them into Expedition Campers (Including me), I've seen a few take just the box like you're going to have and turning them into camping trailers.

If you're still looking these guys usually have a fair amount of trade ins....

Ambulance Sales by Northwestern Emergency Vehicles, Inc. - Ambulance, Fire and Rescue |AEV Ambulance Sales |AEV Ambulance Dealer | New Ambulance Sales - Used Ambulances - Remounts - EMS Equipment Sales

Thanks @RobMcBee I actually have kept an eye on lots of used Ambo sites (Including that one, and govdeals.com), But I currently have one I'm working on, so not looking at the moment.

D.O.A - 89 Chevy Ambo Build - Expedition Portal

I might be purchasing an ambulance to turn into a tow rig, and I was wondering if there are places out there that sell used equipment like such as ambulances that would buy to resell, or would craigslist work? If there isn't really any demand then I'll probably just use it as a small storage shed, or scrap it. Any ideas as to where to look so I can get an idea of value? It's off a medium duty truck, not a small one with a van front end.

Any pictures of it? A buddy of mine has an older F250 who might be interested in it.

It looks pretty much like this one, but red. Sorry but the only pics I have are on my phone. I still am waiting on a time to meet up with the guy so it's not 100%sure yet, but I'm 98%convinced I'll buy it if it's as described.
A4001.jpg

Back