Where to take kids for cooler temps this weekend?

Thanks for all the tips guys and gals. Ended up getting the exact flavors of ice cream we all wanted, did some toobing, and got some more ice cream.
1722973828287.png

1722973845587.png

1722973864577.png

1722973887291.png

1722973907039.png

1722973940086.png

I can't recommend Mo Sweets in Boone enough. The owner is a young guy who graduated from App about 6-8 years ago and has a really nice dessert shop with crepes and waffles and ice cream. It is super clean with a wide selection and they were super friendly and helpful. I got a chocolate peanut butter crepe on the 2nd visit and it looked so good that I ate it before I remembered to take a picture.

That one has been on my list since I found out Benchmark built it. A little too far for a day trip. I would love to camp a weekend down there.
Occonee State Park campground is really close and *may* have a trail that connects to Stumphouse now. Lots of cool hikes within the park for the wifey and kids too.

I've been trying to get down there for damn near 3 summers but haven't had the chance. Would really love to explore down there some.

Camped on jocassee once a long time ago, didn't know it was controlled release dam... Canoe that was pulled well onto the beach the next morning was on the shore across the lake and the water was about 3ft higher.

Hush up. We're full

davidson is always so packed, i stopped going
just started sticking to dispersed camping. been much happier since, especially with being able to let the dog roam off leash to his hearts content

Back