Which Harbor Freight Security Camera?

Lizooki

Samurai Frogger
Unfortunately, we now have a need to close the barn door after the cows get out.
Truthfully. we have never left anything of value in our vehicles ...... but my daughter .....
Anywhoooo, after dealing with the Deputy last night ( 1 AM ) The Mrs. and I discussed the need
to be able to see who comes and goes when we aren't around.

I remember seeing previous threads and someone mentions HF systems that were pretty good.

Which one was it?

Matt after reading about all of them I went with the blink cameras. Of someone hacks them wow you might see me peeing in the driveway. They work with my dismal hotspot internet speed and there is no charge for 14 days of video and the two way communication is awesome.

I have two of the Cobra 4 channel wireless systems at work with 4 cameras each and they are great. Can also view them through an app on the phone. Getting ready to purchase one for home use as well.

***edit*** after reviewing the Blink system, I may give that a try at home. I like the part of being really wireless.

Last edited:
I’ve got a pair of WYZE cams, sounds similar to the Blink,
$25 for stationary cam, plus the cost of 32gb memory card, they offer a cam that pans as well

you have to buy weather proof enclosures for them separately, wifi enabled and can be viewed on phone app.

I have one pointing inside, and one in a window showing front yard, night vision is screwed by the window glass and street light reflections, so I leave it in normal mode, you see just as much that way as you would in night vision.

E723FBA6-8CBB-4697-8775-0265AC589A2F.jpeg

I’ve got blink cameras and they were great.... until they weren’t. I had one camera die. They replaced it but now I’m still having problems with the cameras linking, of course it’s the closest camera to their hub and it won’t connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some camera from Sam's club Wisenet is the brand I have they work great day or night also they have motion detector notification on them I can turn on or off when I want. I can view them on my phone. I got the one with 10 camera's it was around $650.00. I bought another set just like them on amazon for $550.00 for my home.

I’ve got a pair of WYZE cams, sounds similar to the Blink,
$25 for stationary cam, plus the cost of 32gb memory card, they offer a cam that pans as well

you have to buy weather proof enclosures for them separately, wifi enabled and can be viewed on phone app.

I have one pointing inside, and one in a window showing front yard, night vision is screwed by the window glass and street light reflections, so I leave it in normal mode, you see just as much that way as you would in night vision.

View attachment 309034

remember the Ring breach a few weeks ago, seems similar has happened with WYZE currently, betting it’s something that will effect a lot of systems over time.

no loss really, just no cams until it’s sorted out.

technology is awesome !

After filing a report with the Sheriffs Dept. around 1AM .... we spent some quality time with a county detective yesterday afternoon.
Seems this person was very active on Christmas Eve.
WE have a IP address where they tried to use the tablet that was stolen. It came from Netflix but they want to be a dick about disclosing particulars.
The detictive will have to jump through hoops which will take lots of time.
The typical Google and internet available stuff will only do so much.
Anyone here capable of shady "Wenzel" type internet digging?

After filing a report with the Sheriffs Dept. around 1AM .... we spent some quality time with a county detective yesterday afternoon.
Seems this person was very active on Christmas Eve.
WE have a IP address where they tried to use the tablet that was stolen. It came from Netflix but they want to be a dick about disclosing particulars.
The detictive will have to jump through hoops which will take lots of time.
The typical Google and internet available stuff will only do so much.
Anyone here capable of shady "Wenzel" type internet digging?
usually if you have an ip you can do a reverse look up and find out who the connection is through.. but then you'll need some paperwork for the service provider to get you a name and address, but these days could be the neighbors WiFi they used. Good luck. Maybe can you use Google login to look at the location data of the tablet?

Back