Which MP3?

Tradarcher

My 10 and 12 year old want MP3 players for Christmas. Gotta keep it under $100 and don't need video or pics just music. Thinking about the Shuffle but might would like to have FM too. What other features are there? Which ones should I look into?

My kids have the Sansa by SanDisk and for the price you can't beat it. It holds over 240 songs and has am/fm tuner with record and voice record. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SanD...35107/catOid/-12952/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I've got one. I'm pretty happy with it. At that age, though, I think you could go with one of the cheapies and they'd be happy. Unless they're exceptional kids, (and I'm sure they are in your eyes! ;) ), then they'll probably lose or break it within a year. Things ain't as tough as they used to be. I wouldn't even look at an Apple for this. Besides, with the Shuffle, you can't pick a song.

Yeah that's the one I was checking out.

That's why I want to stay under $100. Prefer around $50 that way if they take it to school (without my permission) and it gets stolen then I am not out much. Son has been good with his Nintendo though.

i got a sandisk mp3 player off of overstock.com for 30 dollars not including shipping......so far i have had no problems with it either, except it didnt come with the CD to download the softwear but you can buy that.

i got the ipod shuffle 1gig model. love it. but looking back now, i wished i had got the nano.

i got a sandisk mp3 player off of overstock.com for 30 dollars not including shipping......so far i have had no problems with it either, except it didnt come with the CD to download the softwear but you can buy that.

It's called "Windows Media Player". You can have my CD if you want it. I'll never use it. I may buy CDs, but I won't pay their exhorbitant prices to download MP3s.

Dont forget the $7/month...and that with MP3s your only gonna get about 425MB on there...
But they are definitely intersting....
I am waiting on the samsung 5G version...

yep...

according to the reviews, if you record XM on it, you get a good bit more music than using it for mp3's...

I have XM in my TJ and our Honda...paid 3-years up front to get it for $9.99/month (instead of the normal $12.99) on the first one, and the additionals are $6.99/month. I want to add it to my tow rig anyway, so I figured this would be a neat way to do it. Having a portable XM unit, plus the mp3 player, and then just buy a auto and/or home docking station if I want it...

I travel a lot for business, and I'm wondering if it would pick up XM on the plane? :D

EDIT: Nevermind...just read it a little more. Seems it doesn't pick up XM live...only when docked. So, you have to record XM or use mp3's if you want to listen to it while mobile. Seems like a little flaky advertising on that one.

Greg

Back