Which tires should I get...

pinchetaco

I need some advice... I need to get some new tires on my dd truck... Currently I have pro comp extreme all terrains and I like them a lot... But I would like to try something different... I want something that will be awesome on the rocks and mud but decent on the street... I don't need a tire that can corner or anything like that I need a good off road tire that has decent road manners... Any suggestion would be appreciated

Personally, I like the SSR's for weekend warriors. Get about 40-45k out of a set, worse road manners than a M/T, but better than other swampers. I hear guys are having good luck with the Trxus M/T's as well, but I don't have any personal experience with those.

I see a lot of baja claws on the street and I know they do well on the trail. I understand they are kinda loud though. They're a bit pricey. Do you have a budget in mind?

I see a lot of baja claws on the street and I know they do well on the trail. I understand they are kinda loud though. They're a bit pricey. Do you have a budget in mind?
They also have problems cupping, need to be ran backwards every now and then to get o.k. treadlife out of them like you have to do with boggers, and they are downright scary on wet pavement.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with many of the mainstream MT tires. Pretty much anything is going to be night and day over the AT tires you have now. I've always been really pleased with my old BFG KM1 MTs, got a good 45k miles out of them on a 3/4 ton truck, but they are relatively tame as far as MTs go. I have Maxxis Buckshot XMTs, and I am pretty happy with them on the road, but I have not had them off the road any more than a wet/muddy field and some snow though.

I have 35x12.50x18 and I've looked at a few different tires I would prefer not to spend 375 a tire but I will do what I have to do... I have looked at the nitto mud grapplers which are 300 per tire, the general tires are 360 and I looked into a pro comp mud terrain which are about 375 I like the mud grapplers and the generals I really want a tire that is non directional I don't think any of these are I just don't know how all of these tires perform

what about KM2's? a couple guys up the road from the shop i work at love them. dont know the milage they have on them but one of the guys is from nevada and has driven from there to here and back several times on them and they seem to be relativly quite. and price is 330 t0 340 depending on where you shop

My .02, Trepador Radials. They're much quieter than they look. I ran the Claw radials before and these are lightyears ahead.

tires

truxs by interco . i have 38,5 radials on my jeep and drive it everywhere and there not as load as most tires ive seen

i mean...they're cheap...but i love my Eldorado MTZ's....they're 50x's quiter than the 34x9.5's i ran before...but they're a little short for the advertised size.

Back