Who has a gas motor 2005+ F250/350?

Will Carter

I'm putting a ford axle under my Chevrolet. I'm looking for some measurements off a stock 2005+ F250/350. Anybody have a truck and a tape measure?

I thought all Superdutys used the same front. I've got an 08 diesel sitting here if it's of any help.

I thought all Superdutys used the same front. I've got an 08 diesel sitting here if it's of any help.
They are I'd think. Was looking for a spring height measurement and I have a gas truck. Hope to use the ford springs and coil buckets to make things cheap and easy. Close to stock ride height as possible.

If you could snap some pics of the coil bucket area that'd be great. Pull a tape measure from the axle coil seat to the upper coil seat.

I know its a little off topic, but this guy used the same axle in a duramax sas and did some amazing work. He's talked like he would sell the drawings for someone to have it made locally. Might be worth asking.

Multipurpose Duramax Build - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Sweet. Hadn't seen that one yet. Might be a little fancier than I want to get.

08 250 with 6.4
1026161331.jpg

Truck has almost 300k so it may sit a little lower than new one with new springs. Let me know if you need any other measurements I'm sitting in the truck waiting for the boys to finish working.

Mines also an 08 F250 6.4 with 325k miles, I measured 16" on both sides.
20161026_143750.jpg

I'd think gas or diesel would have about the same ride height/spring length loaded. I know Ford has several spring rates depending on gas, diesel, plow package, etc. That's probably how they get similar ride height from different front weights.

I can get the measurements from my 16 f250 but it's a 6.7 diesel if you want them. I'd bet they're basically the same as above.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I know it's a bit more difficult but how about an outside of frame to outside of frame width at the coil spring area. Is the engine out of the way enough for a straight shot?

On my 2016 diesel, the spring height is 16" just as above. I have 1 5/8" between the pad and the very bottom of the bumpstop. The best I could measure is just in front of the track bar mount which is a few inches forward of the spring mounts. The frame appears pretty straight from there past the springs I measured right at 37-38". That's the best I could do since I had no helper, I was trying to squeeze my fat ass under the air dam, hold the tape and flashlight, LOL.

You have a build thread? My dad kind of wants to do a SAS on his 06 duramax. I'd like to check it out for ideas.

Lol. I'll be in the same boat on his

View attachment 230201
Just got finished turning my 8 lug 170mm hubs into 8 on 6.5" hubs.
Looks good. I would have started with new hubs though. Fords are bad about wearing them out, and you can get complete new Timken hubs for around $200/each.

Didn't totally know if the way I was doing it was going to work. Turned them down without taking them apart for hub centric. Made a transfer punch and used a wheel for the template. Then just drill press action. Id give it all the studs +/- .010 or so. Good enough.

Back