Who wants to build me a cage?

Croatan_Kid

How's your hammer hangin'?
Probably not too awful long after my 99 Silverado sells, I may be looking in to getting a cage put in my CUCV. If I'm going to wheel it, I'd prefer to have one AND I know how I am....

So who would yall suggest to make me one? Ideally, one of the fine shop owners/fabricators on this lovely forum that we frequent.

MarsFab?
CutlerFab?
Buckeye?

Others that I can't remember? It'd be an interior cage, tied to the frame, and wouldn't require cutting up the dash. Aside from that, they can do whatever they want. I just don't exactly want to chance my temptations against a squarebody cab to keep me alive 😅

Let me know!

Probably not too awful long after my 99 Silverado sells, I may be looking in to getting a cage put in my CUCV. If I'm going to wheel it, I'd prefer to have one AND I know how I am....

So who would yall suggest to make me one? Ideally, one of the fine shop owners/fabricators on this lovely forum that we frequent.

MarsFab?
CutlerFab?
Buckeye?

Others that I can't remember? It'd be an interior cage, tied to the frame, and wouldn't require cutting up the dash. Aside from that, they can do whatever they want. I just don't exactly want to chance my temptations against a squarebody cab to keep me alive 😅

Let me know!
How nice is the current cab? Considered a modular exocage you could quickly bolt on if it's more for occasional wheeling?

The cab is solid. Only some minor sheetmetal dents on the passenger's door.

I'd prefer it to be permanent and inside the cab.

Building a cage and pouring/finishing concrete are pretty similar in my mind.

Could I do it? Probably.

However, it'd be a pricey mistake if I effed up and there's plenty of people that do it for a living that can assuredly do it better than I can!

You can’t go wrong with any of the above mentioned options. @Chris_Keziah is another great option, but he’s pretty booked up. (Correct me if I’m wrong)
@stinkbomb is another solid option.
I can do it; My schedule is fubared but we can discuss it if you’d like.
You’re likely going to have to get on a wait list for anyone you’d WANT to build you a cage. I’d make some calls/send some messages and see who you can talk to, and who has the available time in the time frame you’re looking for.

Dragging this back up. I was just quoted 7k for an exo in my 85 pickup. Seems high. Anyone have availability to do an exo cage this fall?

Building a cage and pouring/finishing concrete are pretty similar in my mind.

Could I do it? Probably.

However, it'd be a pricey mistake if I effed up and there's plenty of people that do it for a living that can assuredly do it better than I can!
I like the way you think.
Dragging this back up. I was just quoted 7k for an exo in my 85 pickup. Seems high. Anyone have availability to do an exo cage this fall?
I'm not surprised depending on how much steel is used. Last time Looked a stick of DOM was $$$$.

I like the way you think.

I'm not surprised depending on how much steel is used. Last time Looked a stick of DOM was $$$$

x2 DOM is full retard prices right now :shaking:

Have you searched the web for some pre cut and notched kits yet? Could save you some coin starting from there as a design to add to or modify.

Nope. I had all but forgotten I posted this almost two months ago 🤷‍♂️

x2 DOM is full retard prices right now :shaking:

Have you searched the web for some pre cut and notched kits yet? Could save you some coin starting from there as a design to add to or modify.
There's an internal cage which I had considered but I already bang my head as it is. I may still go that route and wear a helmet.

There's an internal cage which I had considered but I already bang my head as it is. I may still go that route and wear a helmet.
A helmet helps for bumping your head but does nothing for spinal compression if your head/ body take a bump in line with the cage in an off camber situation.

Back