Who's The Go to Guy on setting up Coilover suspension?

R Q

Parts are in place but not how they should be. Who can help set it up right? It's on a custom buggy.

Parts are in place but not how they should be. Who can help set it up right? It's on a custom buggy.

Look up Carolina truggies, give them a call. Alex knows his stuff. He’s on the board but I don’t know the handle.
Also right in Monroe .

Might’ve read this wrong was thinking spring rates rather than geometry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a bit premature because we are just getting it back together and haven't had a test drive yet but we know from a friend that was at it's initial runs that the rear end drags ass pretty bad. We have been working out mechanical bugs until now and tore it down for paint. The rear sits too low just sitting in the garage.
I thought Alex had gone more toward SXS market so will give him a call.
Mac5005, thanks, we will try local first since you're in RM.

Mac5005 is the man. He's always been super helpful on the board and didn't mind helping me in many PMs.

On the pro side (and it might be a haul but I feel it's worth it), if you want to drop your rig off and pick it up done right, check out Jake Burkey. He's the man.

This is a bit premature because we are just getting it back together and haven't had a test drive yet but we know from a friend that was at it's initial runs that the rear end drags ass pretty bad. We have been working out mechanical bugs until now and tore it down for paint. The rear sits too low just sitting in the garage.
I thought Alex had gone more toward SXS market so will give him a call.
Mac5005, thanks, we will try local first since you're in RM.

252-903- nine nine six two.

Shoot me a text/call if there is anything I can do to help.

Most everything can be done remotely if y’all are capable of spring swaps.

Get springs correct first, then set the dual rate nuts, then valving, then tune the dual rate nuts, and more valving if needed.

Basically (a huge generalization),

If it sits too low with 2” preload, springs are too soft. If it sits to high with 2” preload, springs are too stiff.

@Chris_Keziah just completely redid Jake's old CJ. Little more local and can probably help

Back