Will 37" Iroks be big enough??

jeepn-jason

I am finally getting the final touchs done on my axle swap on my cj5, d44 front 14bolt rear, and now I need tires. I really like the irocks I just want my 44 to hold up for a little while. What do you guys think about clearance with 37s and a 14bolt. Should I go ahead and get some 38s and be cautious. I will be cutting the bottom lip off of the 14 bolt as well.

jeepn-jason said:
I am finally getting the final touchs done on my axle swap on my cj5, d44 front 14bolt rear, and now I need tires. I really like the irocks I just want my 44 to hold up for a little while. What do you guys think about clearance with 37s and a 14bolt. Should I go ahead and get some 38s and be cautious. I will be cutting the bottom lip off of the 14 bolt as well.
I think you need ton's and 49 irocks:D 44 may hold up depends on how you drive and your luck, if you have spares try it. I know people who have had it hold up for a year, and some for about 5 min.

tempoffroad said:
I think you need ton's and 49 irocks:D 44 may hold up depends on how you drive and your luck, if you have spares try it. I know people who have had it hold up for a year, and some for about 5 min.

I totally agree!!! But my wallet doesnt allow that right now. I am really easy on my junk so I dont have to keep fixing on it. A front 60 will be in there in another year or so.

One of my fellow fullsize bronco lovers is running a 44 front w/chromo axles and 39" Iroks for the past few years. He doesn't baby it either. I'm just amazed it has held up. With the light weight of the jeep, I figure 38's shouldn't cause you too many issues.
Here he is at Hollister CA...
Hollister14.jpg

and elsewhere...
ICT0835.jpg

Well I picked up a set of 38" sxs today, looks like I need some extra axle shafts.

go with atleast warn outers and yukon inners...if you have the money go warn inner and outer with a good joint........ JE reel , Long, CTM

00bowtie said:
I run 38 boggers on D44 with chro-mo's and supper joints and give it hell.

I think I will try the bobby long ujoints and drive easy>:driver:

jeepn-jason said:
Well I picked up a set of 38" sxs today, looks like I need some extra axle shafts.

Not to poo-poo, but those 38's are the same or nearly the same real diameter as 37" IROK's, they just weigh more..

at 10psi, off the vehicle, my 50% 38.5x14.5 SX's are 37" tall.

Rich said:
Not to poo-poo, but those 38's are the same or nearly the same real diameter as 37" IROK's, they just weigh more..
at 10psi, off the vehicle, my 50% 38.5x14.5 SX's are 37" tall.

Yeah, I got on intercos website and compared the two, wasnt enough to worry about, also got a killer deal on the sx's. Bought all 4 with a little less than half tread for about the same price as one 37" Bias Irok.

When these wear out I will probably go with the Iroks.

Screw Interco's website. Their numbers are pulled from thin air it would appear.

But for the price... melt 'em off! :D

Back