Will this work?

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
Ok, I have to come to ask the experts. My wife has a 2015 Toyota Sienna AWD. Since it was AWD it did not come with a spare tire (I found this out on the side of the road when she cut a sidewall last year).

She got new tires today and I saved one of the old ones to be a spare. Now I am in need of a wheel.

I believe the Sienna is 5x114.3 which is I believe the same as a 5x4.5.

Here is the question, if I find a cheap 18” jeep wheel in 5x4.5 shouldn’t that work just fine as a spare for the ole mom van?

The Sienna wheels will have a lot more backset, but for the sake of a "limp it home" option, a jeep wheel would probably work. Narrower is better. I think the stock Sienna wheels are about 7" wide, but instead of having a 2-3" positive offset, they probably have a 3-4" negative offset.

We also have an AWD Sienna with no spare. I believe it is possible to put a donut spare underbody around the 2nd row passenger seat area, but I decided I didn't want to deal with it and just threw a plug kit and 12v compressor in the back and rock on.

Last edited:
The wheels on the Sienna are a fairly tight fit in the wheel well too, if you have a significantly different offset on your spare, and you get a front flat, you might be forced to move a rear to the front, and put the spare on the back.

We're talking about a spare, Maybe look to scrapyards for a more matched rim?

Does it actually have room for a full size spare? I'm guessing since its AWD it needs to have equal size tires, but they didn't want to build in space for a full size tire so just said F- it, YOYO.

Does it actually have room for a full size spare? I'm guessing since its AWD it needs to have equal size tires, but they didn't want to build in space for a full size tire so just said F- it, YOYO.
From my google foo, the rear driveshaft would not allow a spare tire to be located right there, but I have not looked under there to verify (too fat to get under there haha)

So someone with better google foo than me help. I found a 2019 Camry wheel would this offset be the same as the Sienna?

From my google foo, the rear driveshaft would not allow a spare tire to be located right there, but I have not looked under there to verify (too fat to get under there haha)
If you're too fat to get under there then it seems like a non-ideal place to store a tire.

@BigClay
Offsets are different between the Camry and sienna. As a “get home” option, I would think it would be fine.
That being said your sienna has less offset, than the Camry does, by 15mm. (Camry wheel will sit 15mm closer in to the body) So, if you have the room, I think it would work.
2C393853-E3C9-4301-B21B-6D4ABEC9FE55.jpeg
6C971098-A5AC-4633-A6BD-3722CF937F07.jpeg
First image is for the 2019 Camry, second is the Sienna.

Last edited:
This! Going to put it in the back
My wife would be pretty pissed if she had to work with that.

Make a hitch mount for it ;-)

@BigClay
Offsets are different between the Camry and sienna. As a “get home” option, I would think it would be fine.
That being said your sienna has less offset, (wheel closer in to the body) than the Camry does, by 15mm So, if you have the room, I think it would work.
View attachment 391151
View attachment 391152
First image is for the 2019 Camry, second is the Sienna.
Thanks for translating that for me! So the 2019 wheel may work on the rear to get us home. I may go that route

My wife would be pretty pissed if she had to work with that.

Make a hitch mount for it ;-)
It is only going in there for long trips when we are all together. Day to day it will be home and since I work from home, if she has a problem I can bring it to her.

It is only going in there for long trips when we are all together. Day to day it will be home and since I work from home, if she has a problem I can bring it to her.
You must pack lighter than my my and kids do for long trips. We end up needing every square inch of space.
Of course our most recent trips were in a Mini, so.... rom for a spare tire is a big wish.

I already have a hitch basket and a roof top carrier bigger than that one :laughing:
So why are you even considering putting that tire in the trunk? It clearly goes on the roof.

Pull-a-Part wheel/tire combo is under 30 bucks.
5-6 of them on the yard according to the website from '98-'05

Back