Wilson Off Road 4x4

me an wilson Served in IRAQ together... good DUDE!!!!

i went there once and had them do my clutch. i understand that a mechanic can get dirty doing his job, but not taking the common courtesy to clean up after themselfs in SOMEONE ELSES JEEP tells me they dont give a shit about you or your property. the interior seats and steering wheel was covered in clutch dust, grease and dirt. it was pretty annoying first off. they did the job really fast, but so fast they forgot a few things. when i got it back i drove it home only to find some wiring hanging from top of the tranny to the ground, and to further inspect, i found they didnt replace two bolts on the front of the tranny, and the part of the hydro pump thingy on the tranny (not a mechanic) was not fully bolted in. I HAD TO PUT THESE BACK in their places. if i had noticed this BEFORE i left, i would have had them put everything back on. i had heard nothing but good things about these guys, but after this, my first trip there, i might be going somewhere else. if you asked me, i would NOT recommend this place. didnt finish the job and clean up after themselfs.

Dirt on your steering wheel

I don't remember you and I don't think we really did that, I have never had this problem before. If there was a problem your work would have been covered under warranty and would have been fixed for free. I tell you what, if you did get your clutch done here and you bring in your invoice I will give you a hundred dollar bill so you can go get your jeep detailed, lord knows we don't want dirt on it,but if you don't then I will post that you never came by on this site so my shop doesn't get a bad rap from some guy that has never been here!! Keith Wilson (910)423-7623

Sounds like a shop I would go to if I lived closer.
Eventually I will have to find a shop up in the Greensboro area for the things I can't do myself.

I don't remember you and I don't think we really did that, I have never had this problem before. If there was a problem your work would have been covered under warranty and would have been fixed for free. I tell you what, if you did get your clutch done here and you bring in your invoice I will give you a hundred dollar bill so you can go get your jeep detailed, lord knows we don't want dirt on it,but if you don't then I will post that you never came by on this site so my shop doesn't get a bad rap from some guy that has never been here!! Keith Wilson (910)423-7623

Sounds pretty fair. Curious if he stops by now?

Rock on Keith!!! would like to know how this goes!!!

Now that is about as stand up as anyone could ask for.

Its pointless to bitch about a shop if you don't give them the chance to fix their mistake.

look, not looking to ruin anyone’s reputation here. i only speak of facts. this situation did indeed take place. on the dates of april 8th and 9th, you charged me for $350 for both days to replace my clutch. i do not have your invoice (because i tossed it), but i do have a credit card statement with these charges as proof that i was your customer (and or you can check your own records. i remember signing two copies, one for me and one for you). im not looking for any money. i was simply sharing my opinion. up front, great customer service and speedy work. just was annoyed that i had to finish putting the last things in their place. one should expect a professional mechanic could do this job competently and completely. and as of now... mocking me as to leaving my jeep a mess, i think your good customer service just went to shit. i know its a jeep, and sure it gets dirty anyway, but its my DD, not yours to leave your grimy mess when youre half finished. just a little common sense and courtesy completes this job.

look, not looking to ruin anyone’s reputation here. i only speak of facts. this situation did indeed take place. on the dates of april 8th and 9th, you charged me for $350 for both days to replace my clutch. i do not have your invoice (because i tossed it), but i do have a credit card statement with these charges as proof that i was your customer (and or you can check your own records. i remember signing two copies, one for me and one for you). im not looking for any money. i was simply sharing my opinion. up front, great customer service and speedy work. just was annoyed that i had to finish putting the last things in their place. one should expect a professional mechanic could do this job competently and completely. and as of now... mocking me as to leaving my jeep a mess, i think your good customer service just went to shit. i know its a jeep, and sure it gets dirty anyway, but its my DD, not yours to leave your grimy mess when youre half finished. just a little common sense and courtesy completes this job.

I do not think he was mocking you at all. I think he was merely saying you could take the cash to get the said jeep detailed as an option. I am curious if you ever contacted him before now. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but mistakes happen and need to addressed if they are expected to be fixed. If we do not shine light on the mistakes then they stay in the dark and do not get noticed. Sounds like he is making an effort to try and make things right. Most folks would tell you that you should have brought it back within the warranty period. This guy is willing to be a stand up guy and try to make it right 60 days or so later. Just my thoughts.

FWIW OlllllllO ... I have never been to Keith's shop or even met the guy.
But sounds like he has more than just himself working on cars.

If that is the case, and it is possible (or even factual) that someone other than Keith himself worked on your Jeep you actually may have done a dis service by not talking to him about it. Maybe he has an employee who is not meeting his attention detail and cleanliness standards, and by not discussing with him he was not able to catch the mistake and as a result more customers may be un happy.

It is not always about bitching and whining, or looking for money. Sometime just letting a business owner know that one of his employees failed to meet his customers expectations is a big step towards correcting the problem.

From what I have read here...sounds like Keith is a stand up guy who is trying to do the right thing

I know OllllllO and he told me about the incident. He did say their customer service and speed were good, but they missed some stuff. As far as fixing it, good job to Wilson for the offer, albeit with the thick mocking undertone : 'hundred dollar bill' instead of just pay for cleaning, 'lord knows we don't want dirt on it', when IN it was the issue, and I don't think God details. Whatever though, the facts are he went there, was unhappy with the service, amends have been offered, lets wait for the result.

i went there once and had them do my clutch. i understand that a mechanic can get dirty doing his job, but not taking the common courtesy to clean up after themselfs in SOMEONE ELSES JEEP tells me they dont give a shit about you or your property. the interior seats and steering wheel was covered in clutch dust, grease and dirt. it was pretty annoying first off. they did the job really fast, but so fast they forgot a few things. when i got it back i drove it home only to find some wiring hanging from top of the tranny to the ground, and to further inspect, i found they didnt replace two bolts on the front of the tranny, and the part of the hydro pump thingy on the tranny (not a mechanic) was not fully bolted in. I HAD TO PUT THESE BACK in their places. if i had noticed this BEFORE i left, i would have had them put everything back on. i had heard nothing but good things about these guys, but after this, my first trip there, i might be going somewhere else. if you asked me, i would NOT recommend this place. didnt finish the job and clean up after themselfs.

Maybe its just easier to go on here a bring it up, than to confront him in person about it. Which is what should have been done to begin with.

Making a statement about it before making the shop aware of the issue is not the way it should have been handled. And for the shop to say they would take care of it three months later is unheard of. Guess what people are human and make mistakes, at least hes trying to make it right. Mocking or not, I feel he handled it well, being it just came out of left field.

let me clarify... (SkyHiK5 makes a good point), keith himself did not do this job. another one of his mechanics did. so my apologies if i made keith himself look bad. not my intention. again i was simply sharing my experiences and my opinions on this board as everyone else has. ill say it again... up front, good customer service and speedy work (...AND keith did not bullshit me on the price, i paid what he said). i was upset with HIS SUBORDINATE'S piss poor work. i hope this settles some discrepancies.

to whom it may concern, i have sent keith a PM regarding this situation. if he wishes to share the outcome, it will soon come to play. and before all you bystanders decide to comment, let me be the first to say, YES I SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THIS TO HIM FIRST, although that would have been the case IF i wanted a correction made. my intention here was to share my experience and opinion. i am NOT looking for any compensation of any sort. though, i may be correcting what i previously stated beforehand, depending on the outcome. thank you all.

to whom it may concern, i have sent keith a PM regarding this situation. if he wishes to share the outcome, it will soon come to play. and before all you bystanders decide to comment, let me be the first to say, YES I SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THIS TO HIM FIRST, although that would have been the case IF i wanted a correction made. my intention here was to share my experience and opinion. i am NOT looking for any compensation of any sort. though, i may be correcting what i previously stated beforehand, depending on the outcome. thank you all.

Glad the two of you got it worked out or at least working it out. I did not mean to offend you and if I did I am sorry.

This has gotten out of hand!

Sorry I have been away. I can't tell you guys thanks enough for standing up for me and my shop, I try really hard to give the best customer service, and finished product I can. I do know it is 1000x better than other shops in this town. That being said, I need this input to improve our finished product. I still am not sure who this person is and would love for them to give me a call, without getting mad I am not here to piss you off.
That being said I have to stick up for the guys that work for me. It seems that some of my customer try and find the jeep that has been sitting in a field the longest buy it and bring it to me to rebuild it and my guys make it happen. They get paid buy the job and most of the time they don't paid the true hours it takes to get the job done because it would be unfair to my customers to charge that many hours. They come in early and leave late almost everyday. I have shown them these emails and they have learned regardless, so thank you for bringing this to our attention.(910)423-7623

I own a shop...stuff happens sometimes and people aren't happy...hell, doctors get to call their business a "pratice" after 8-10 years of school...why can't mechanics do the same. We try our best but sometimes people just aren't happy. I like the $100 offer, shows you'd try to make it right at least.

Mr. Wilson, can you recommend any shops in the G'boro area?
Never know when somethings going to blow up that I can't fix myself.

just got off the phone with keith. situation resolved! apparently keith cleaned house and the mechanic who did my clutch was let go previously. i know i cant take back what i said, but my opinion has changed and my recommendations go to wilson offroad again. though i want to make clear to all... i was not looking for any correction to my issue. just stating my opinion. i know it takes a good shop to ensure that ALL their work is to par and their customers happy. this shop has more than achieved that. he has offered to give my jeep a look over for this issue and i do greatly appreciate the offer. i will take him up in the near future. THANKS KEITH AND SORRY!

Back