Wire sources...

Rich

Asshole at large
Besides Del City and Waytek, anyone got a good source for inexpensive wiring? 50-100 ft spools is what I'm looking for, 18,16,14,12 gauge...

Hey Rich, check with your local car stereo shop. They should be able to get 250 ft spools of primary wire in any color for around $20 or so. This would be for 16 or 18 ga.

Rich, I've used the braided THHN stuff that you get at Lowe's or Home Cheapo. It works well enough, the insulation is oil resistant... but it's not as flexible or as easy to work with as a good automotive wire.

Not bad stuff... but if the price were about the same between Del City and HD, I'd go for the Del City stuff.

Careful that the wire is not too stiff, it will break easily in automotive applications.

The more strands inside the better.

kilby said:
Have you actually found a price better than Delcity? Their wire is CHEAP!

Nope, but I used almost nothing but PartsExpress & JC Shitme before I found DelCity and Waytek, so I'm open to find new sources!!

I've got about $200 in wire, switches, and connectors so far :rolleyes: , and still need to work through an inexpensive means to extend all the 12v+ cabling to behind the passenger seat area, where the battery will reside.

I'm thinking either a 2 ga or 1/0 up to the engine area, to a dist. block, split to the starter (2 ga), the winch (2 ga), and the alternator (4 ga) I love welding cable... Will probably use that for the main lead, but finding a dist. block that has a 1/0 in, and 3 outputs that will hold 2 gauge is proving troublesome, without making it real $$$$

Rich, you need to take a trip to Trader Joe's.

He may have what you are looking for that originally had a different purpose in life.

Usually open on Saturdays till 2pm, and weekdays from 6pm to 9pm.

He has all sort of surplus electrical/electroninc stuff. Lots of communication and power transmission stuff.

Hell just going there usually leads me to another project I hadn't thought of.

Hwy 401 toward Loiusburg, left on Sid Eve's Rd ( half mile before 98 crosses 401 ) 3/4 mile on the right, look for white garage with a dozen antenna, Trader Joes Ln.

Call me if you wanna go out, I'm always up for a good trip to there.

Kevin

Rich said:
finding a dist. block that has a 1/0 in, and 3 outputs that will hold 2 gauge is proving troublesome, without making it real $$$$

30-101CBtop.jpg

hey kevin, if you go out there again, let me know. like to tag along and see what kinda ideas i can come up with.

Duane

Back