Wiring 36v golf cart

How much tail do you think your FIL is going to pull if his stereo quits working because you cheaped out and bought a shitty internet DC voltage converter?

Zero.

Guys without working golf cart stereos get zero trailer park pussy.

Fact.

FIL-proof. Missed that part. Yeah. Spend the money now, save the service calls later.

The problem is there isn't a "right" way, there are compromises. One way involves buying questionable electronics from eBay, depending on them to last long-term, just so that you can have a radio on a golf cart. The other way involves just running the radio for free. I'm a fan of free and foolproof.

Check the lights. All the ones I have will take a 6-40VDC input.
Sorry @shawn I didn't realize Yamaha electronics were so questionable being a reputable company and reconized industry wide for high end circuitry and various manufacturing backgrounds.

And I second Carts Unlimited as a pro go to source.

Mutiple battery set ups are found in almost all large fire trucks @GotWood . You probably already know this.....we did extensive training and I've personally researched alot on loads applied in these situations.
Wiring it quick is fool proof and it works. It just sets up an imbalance that attacks the loaded batteries like a cancer. Charging cycles are also skewed since the charges sees a group load or charge cycle. So even the hot wired batteries are charged as poorly as discharging them.
The over all system is then worked harder. Finally the wear and tear is significant enough the whole system is upset and will not charge maintain and run as long as it should. Resulting in changing weakened batteries to bring it back. But now you have a group of used units and some newbies. Right back to an unbalanced system.
May take long enough it doesn't matter, but that's the meat and potatoes behind it.
Optimal performance and higher end chargers like a balanced system. Cart or Fire truck same results. Early dead cells and a weak link.

Back