Wiring factory horns to a push button

Watched a youtube video and a guy had a super cool gadget for diagnosing things. Basically he was able to make the horn honk repeatedly through the OBD II port while he tested things. Long story short, that fuse is hot only when the horn is activated. I believe that means it's after the relay, right? And the relay not clicking means the relay isn't getting a signal. Which is what leads to believe bad clock spring. But it could be a bad relay too, right?
I am not 100% sure. If you have already checked all of the connections for the steering column. My suggestion would be to start at the horn and make sure it works. Then slowly work your way back till you get through the clock spring to the actual horn button. I would be careful not to energize anything besides the horn itself due to the air bag possibly being controlled through the same plug and it would suck to slip and energize the airbag. You can test the switch, wires and clock spring for continuity or what gets power when the button is pressed. I only have a basic understanding of wiring. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

I found this wiring diagram on Google it's supposedly for a 2007 wrangler.
horn.gif

I am not 100% sure. If you have already checked all of the connections for the steering column. My suggestion would be to start at the horn and make sure it works. Then slowly work your way back till you get through the clock spring to the actual horn button. I would be careful not to energize anything besides the horn itself due to the air bag possibly being controlled through the same plug and it would suck to slip and energize the airbag. You can test the switch, wires and clock spring for continuity or what gets power when the button is pressed. I only have a basic understanding of wiring. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

I found this wiring diagram on Google it's supposedly for a 2007 wrangler.
View attachment 365591
Thanks so much. I saw a similar wiring diagram in the video I watched. In that video it was a bad ground that had the horn not working. I don't think I'm gonna be that lucky since I'm getting nothing at the relay. If this gets too complicated for me I'll just wire in an aftermarket button. It's not like I honk at people often.

Watched a youtube video and a guy had a super cool gadget for diagnosing things. Basically he was able to make the horn honk repeatedly through the OBD II port while he tested things. Long story short, that fuse is hot only when the horn is activated. I believe that means it's after the relay, right? And the relay not clicking means the relay isn't getting a signal. Which is what leads to believe bad clock spring. But it could be a bad relay too, right?

It could be a bad relay, and that’s super easy to check, just swap it with another next to it for testing.

Next it could be a bad clock spring.

Back